Wheel & Tire Hackr

Also, fyi, AAdvantage eShopping is paying 3 miles/dollar at Tire Rack right now. :airplane:

Performance driving is get the best. But around town and trips it’s fine.

Thanks to @firstkill I have two tires on the way, saving $200+.

AAdvantage eShopping will yield 1,260 AA miles, and Tire Rack offers mobile installation, so now I don’t even need to leave the house.

1 Like

I used the same deal for my X5 50 in 21"
Pzeros at a huge discount just cause of old date. No issues with them.

Edit: did this 8k+ miles ago, just to reassure you of my personal experience.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 4

Just had these delivered to my BMW dealer and they will be doing the install.

My dealer was charging $356 per tire vs. $190 per tire for the same tire!

I was also concerned about production date but I’ll take my risk of $664 savings with 16k miles left on my x5 lease.

1 Like

I’ve gotten some cheap replacements for my bmw from a BMWCCA member. Exchanged in the parking lot nearby, Great guy, great deal. Check their classifieds from time to time.

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, did you mean this literally (they were already delivered when you posted that)?

My order is just stubbornly sitting there doing nothing. Availability still stays “In Stock.”

Never seen that across multiple TR orders over the years.

Call or email their CS reps who are usually good.

Thanks. That’s on the to-do list for tomorrow.

Side note: the miles for using AA’s shopping portal have already posted to my AAdvantage account. :slight_smile:

My order was delivered to my BMW dealer within four days of my order. I ordered 1/22 and delivered 1/26.

1 Like

eBay has come through for me multiple times. Put these on my X3 and drove for 10k before selling to dealer. No issues.

2 Likes

Gonna have to look into this. Only got 21k miles on my E300, but the rears are almost at the tread markers. Definitely won’t make it to December when the lease is up.

Where are people taking the used eBay tires to get installed? I can imagine some tire shops might not install tires that weren’t purchased from them?

I take mine to NTB. National Tire and Battery

Tire shops install tires purchased elsewhere all the time

But definitely don’t buy used tires without seeing the price of new tires first.

Not sure I’m following?

Edit: If you looked at my post history and are referring to my leased loaner, I’m not sure how that makes any difference? I wfh every day and will probably put all of 4000 miles on my car before I turn it in. $700 for two new tires on the rears is a waste of money for such little use.

Just fixed my post. Compare the price of new vs used tires.

Ah gotcha.

I was researching and it seems I can save quite a bit.

New:

Used:

Remember, those are sets of two. Make sure you get them with enough tread to last until you sell the lease.

Yeah, it’s only my rears that are close. Fronts have plenty of tread and should make it without problem.

The 10/32 are cheap enough already, but I’m gonna keep an eye out for some cheaper 8 or 9s. All of which should easily get me to December, in the event I can’t sell it to a dealer sometime in the fall.