What's the ideal drive-off these days?

I’m a salesperson who has been on the site for a while. I’ve been around since the days an attractive deal had to be $0 drive-off and 10% of the MSRP.

Anyways those days are long gone and I was wondering what people consider ideal drive-off these days. I can always quote a car with the minimum drive-off (1st payment + fees) but I feel the monthly payment seems high.

I see brokers and other dealers posting around $2000-$3000 Drive-Off, which would’ve been considered a sin but now it’s kind of needed to bring that initial advertised payment down.

Anyways just curious so I can start posting some numbers again. Thanks in advance!

1 Like

All due respect I guess I’m confused

If a deal is 10% off pre rebates and buy rate, then it’s 10% off pre rebates and buy rate.

The discount and rate don’t have anything to do with how much at signing the buyer brings to the table.

As far as I can remember most deals on site are/have been advertised w the discount and rate but also include first and fees (inceptions) at signing.

6 Likes

You’re right. I think the the standard now is $1500 toward cap cost reduction and then another $1500 for title, registration, first month, and acquisition fee. And then taxes on top of that which could be another $1000 if you’re getting $10k of taxable incentives like on the Volvo C40. I have another six months left on my lease. Hopefully, the market improves by then.

Depending on the State, that was normal even pre-pandemic. Drive off usually have Acq + Reg + Dealer Fees. Just take FL for example for a BMW lease and you are in the $2500 - $2800 range without any cap cost reductions.

1 Like

10% of MSRP so for a $40k, $0 drive off $400 a month was considered alright
to add, a lot of people wanted to know the $0 drive-off number since they’d be getting the effective payment with no cap cost reduction.

What’s all that based on? Who determined this “standard”?

For me, I usually structure my deals as $0 DAS with max MSDs.

4 Likes

What holds anyone to structure the deal with $0 ( or first month) DAS with all fees and taxes included in monthly payments?
For some reason dealers do not like this option so I always bring from experience when i put down $5k on a lease, 6 months later the car was totalled and the down payment was gone.

1 Like

To be honest (and no disrespect to sales folk out there) most salespeople you work with don’t really know the ins and outs of leases and they don’t understand what can/can’t be done.

Ideal to me would be $0 DAS or Max MSD’s DAS. Acceptable would be first months, fees + taxes.

2 Likes

100%. MSDs are the way to go. I think the “effective” monthly is more important. I remember it all starting with the E-tron deal about 2-3 years ago. It was something like $379/mo with $5000 DAS. Last month, to see EQS deals for $589/mo with $5000 DAS is not uncommon. I’ve just noticed more dealers and brokers including cap cost in their DAS to bring the perceived monthly down.

For the consumer it mostly comes down to personal preference. More DAS for a bit of interest saved, or vice versa.

:point_up_2:t2::point_up_2:t2:

I have gone as high as 1st payment out of pocket. The MF would need to be >= .002 to consider paying upfronts.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.