What's the best way to own a Porsche 911?

I’m looking to get a 911 in late July/early August as my 36 month lease on my M4 competition is coming to an end. Currently eyeballing either a 991.2 Carrera 4s or maybe even a 991.1/991.2 GT3. I was looking at leasing Porsche’s back in 2017/2018, and based on my experiences from then and what I’ve read online, I really shouldn’t lease a 911 because of the crazy MF. Now with the 992 generation being out, I assume it’s only gotten worse because of how new they are.

I still only really want to own the car for 2 to 3 years, and then move on to something nicer/newer. I think I’m correct in wanting to own 991 generation over a 992 because the 991 has already been hit more by the initial depreciation, and it seems like it won’t go down too much in value over the next 2 or 3 years (with reasonable mileage).

Is financing the car the most reasonable option? My credit score is solid, and I can comfortably afford the payments for anywhere from a 3 to 6 year loan. What do you think I’d be best off doing?

11 posts were merged into an existing topic: Help me decide how I’m going to upgrade my garage