What would you buy for $10k?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/285090984052?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=9Jr7IaA4R-2&sssrc=2051273&ssuid=9Jr7IaA4R-2&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Pretty close to $10k budget. Can always offer 10 and see what happens. LOL

https://www.bmwcca.org/ads/284786

2009 Clubman S 6 speed 76,700 miles in CA.

Should of made it 6969

1 Like

wonder if i should upgrade to a roush expedition
https://santabarbara.craigslist.org/cto/d/santa-barbara-2001-ford-expedition-xlt/7575929288.html

1 Like

That’s neat, how much power do they make

most likely an appearance package only

that’s certified not neat then

1 Like

Sorry to bump this thread but I found this bit on an ancient forum

Roush package was only offered in 2000 and 2001 by special order. They didn’t sell many because people viewed the Expy as a family vehicle and no more. Although this one handles quite well with it sitting so low and the Roush suspension upgrade. There were only 112 made so they are rare. They were only offered in Stage 1 which means it is all exterior mods by Roush, the gray bumper package, the Roush exhaust system, 2x4 Touring suspension, ceramic coated headers, the Roush chrome racing wheels, and all the Roush badges, decals and emblems. I live near the dealership where it was purchased, i am the second owner. There is very little info out there about these but i don’t believe, although it woulda made it a beast, that the supercharger was offered because that is only available in a Stage 3 Roush modification. It has the Triton 5.4 V8 with a Roush Air intake which gives it tons of power.

It seems pretty clean, for 6.5k would be a cool piece of history - I’ve read re mustangs and f150s that they don’t keep good records of any year before 2004, so it might be harder to confirm and validate it’s authenticity sans sending Roush it’s vin.

1 Like

It’s 6500 but then it leaks shit everywhere and suddenly you’re driving along and you’re like “wow my power steering pump is making a weird noise” and it turns out it peed all of it out all over your parking spot at work. And then you need a front end rebuild and all the local shops quote tie rods and bushings as a $4000 job and the ABS light is on now for some reason

2 Likes

Yes, see that is a valid point - but you are talking to a person with an average length of ownership of all vehicles ever at 5 months.

I wonder what the package cost :grimacing:

Just picked up a 2003 ES300 175k for $4000, timing belt and water pump done at 141k. No accidents, two owners and lots of maintenance records. Every body panel is original, paint has seen better days but the interior is nice for a car with this mileage. Threw new valve cover gaskets on it and spark plugs and it’s ready to go. I’d opt for one of these over a Camry, Japanese built and allot nicer than a Camry, leather and sunroof. First car for my son. Parts are cheap and tons of info on the web on how to repair, this engine was used in multiple Toyota’s/Lexus. Next upgrade will be a Atoto head unit to add CarPlay and backup camera.

13 Likes

Change out the PCV. The 1MZFE has some engine sludge issues that can be prevented with the PCV valve replacement.

1 Like

Yes forgot to mention that, did that too, was a little crusty but not too bad.

To answer the question, for 10k I would get a one pay base Macan demo lease.

After the year is over
Back to riding the bus :joy:

5 Likes

2002 Lexus LX470

Loved this thing while I had it, was really impressed with how comfortable it was and how solid it felt despite having 250k miles. Drove it for a few months and ended up selling for $9,500.

18 Likes

Let’s see some pics!!!

As Shakespeare said, tis better to have hacked a Porsche and ridden the bus than to never have Porsched

6 Likes

Mom has one and refuses to get anything else until it dies. Well over 200k on it and still buttery smooth. Amazing road trip car