What would you buy for $10k?

I bet it’s an automatic. 350zs and G35 are up in price because they are good entry level drift/track cars

Oh it is for sure - wife needs to be able to drive it. And it isn’t ratted out or smoked in from what I can see, either.

That’s good. My uncle has a G37 he has had for probably close to 10 years and he still autocrosses it

I bought a 11 Honda CR-V for $12k and 102k miles about two months ago. Can sell it today for about $11k to an online retailer and we sell old Honda/Toyota/Lexus like hotcakes at the dealer, so an older Honda will be my vote.

3 Likes

I can only speak for the 350z (and I think the G35 has the same engine) but what I remember from driving one as a rental car back in the day is the ridiculous size tank (it was 20+ gal) and guzzling (well below 20mpg). Not gonna be a lot of fun at $5-$6/gal.

That’s what the Tesla is for - primary DD/Family car responsibilities.

2 Likes

What reliable car do you know of under 100K miles and younger than voting age is for sale under 10K without having to look for the proverbial golden needle in a haystack?

Just sold mine with 170k miles for $4k to Autonation in January. Maybe could have squeezed out more cash, but didn’t want to deal with the type of person who buys and drives G’s and Z’s :joy:.

Man was it an incredible car though. Couldn’t wait to get rid of it at 16mpg on premium - in a compact car!!!

6 Likes

My vote would be a 2007-2009 Civic. There are five 2007-2009 Civics under 10k and 100k miles within 50 miles of me. Of course need a PPI but with Honda’s old NA 1.4 litre engine and 5 speed auto much less expected to fail compared to newer models with CVT and turbo engine.

Added plus is that fixing basic, small old cars is cheap. Local mechanic can do everything and parts just don’t come as much.

Not perfect of course but if someone was trying to get reliable transportation under 10k this would probably be my vote.

2 Likes

Most of them are just utter garbage with Salvage Titles & close to 180k + miles and anything remotely “low-mileage” has no service records or accidents and cracked windshields.

I agree completely, but he’s in that mentality like most New Englanders “AWD is NEEDED” and to be fair he lives on a very private steep hilly road to where my 330i would slip & slide visiting him but hopefully I can convince him to pickup a Avalon or something with some Blizzaks

Pre-redesign volt can be had for less than 10k and would fit well esp if you can charge at work.

2 Likes

Missed your earlier post. Didn’t mean to be repetitive although within 200 miles of me I don’t see a single 2012 civic for under 10k and under 100k miles. Are a few 2011 LXs for under 10k with low mileage though.

This is true. The G35s I see in NYC are shooting flames from exhaust, camo wraps, orange wheels, ill-fitting paste on spoilers

1 Like

Universally. 99% of Infiniti G owners are smooth brained.

6 Likes

Were your steering wheel/door trims peeling? The g35 staple :joy:

Owned one for 6 months and my insurance in NJ was insane because of this… significantly higher than a brand new leased X5 I had.

1 Like

here’s one:
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=628984408&zip=33131&referrer=%2Fcars-for-sale%2Fsearchresults.xhtml%3Fzip%3D33131%26city%3DMiami%26startYear%3D2012%26maxMileage%3D100000%26incremental%3Dall%26endYear%3D2012%26modelCodeList%3DCIVIC%26makeCodeList%3DHONDA%26sortBy%3DderivedpriceASC%26location%3D%255Bobject%2BObject%255D%26state%3DFL%26searchByDma%3Dfalse%26firstRecord%3D0%26marketExtension%3Dinclude%26relevanceConfig%3Drelevance-v2%26searchRadius%3D0%26isNewSearch%3Dfalse&startYear=2012&numRecords=25&searchByDma=false&firstRecord=0&endYear=2012&modelCodeList=CIVIC&makeCodeList=HONDA&searchRadius=0&makeCode1=HONDA&modelCode1=CIVIC&clickType=listing

2 Likes

200x Lexus is250 or is350 tons were made and they look reasonably modern.

1 Like

You could look at 6-cylinder Subarus.

Even the HG issue on the 4s is overblown. It only affected a few model years.

2 Likes