What to aim for... Chrysler Pacifica 24/15K

Here’s what I want:

• Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
  • MSRP $51,225
  • 24 Months
  • 15K per year
  • Bay Area CA zip code

What price ballpark would be a good deal for this?

24 months is a rough term, especially on phevs. Without running the numbers, I’m guessing you’re looking at 650-700

1 Like

Thanks! With zero down payment?

Roughly, sure. I’m making a very rough guesstimate based on other Pacifica prices.

Please understand that the takeaway from my post should be “a good deal isn’t to be had on a 24/15 on a Pacifica hybrid” and isn’t “if a random dealer offered you $700 a month, take it”

1 Like

Understood. Just trying to get a gauge on what to expect.

The title of this tread should be “If I’m even thinking of leasing a ANY Chrysler for ~$700 a month I should be slapped in the head”.

10 Likes

I think the big questions you need to ask here are why 24 months and why the hybrid?

24 months means no California clean air rebates (which are now income dependent, so you may or may not qualify for anyway), not to mention just generally costing more.

Chrysler isn’t passing on any of the federal tax savings in the pacificas, so you’re getting the RV hit and high starting price without the incentives to support it. If your goal with the phev is to save money on gas, you’re unlikely to break even with the extra cost vs getting a non hybrid model for $150-200 less a month on lease payment.

1 Like

There’s a good chance we may leave the US in 24 months, so I don’t want to be stuck with another year to pay.

As for the Phev, we wouldn’t qualify for the CA rebate, but we like being able to drive local on the battery.

Also, the MSRP price difference between the Hybrid and gas only Limited models seems negligible (like $1k-$1500). Does that affect the Monthly much? Is the residual value better or something?

@Mpower22 are you seriously wondering why, or just poking fun? The Pacifica is the best minivan available, but yes unfortunately it doesn’t seem to compare favorably with other minivan lease deals.

That makes sense. However, the residuals on these look terrible, and not much incentive cash — this will be an awful lease. Can you consider a used one just a year or two old? If you’re planning on leaving it will be way easier to dump than a lease!

You mean buy a used one? I thought about that, but they’re still a big chunk of cash, and I’d rather keep the money in investments, that are growing.

A better use of money will be leasing a non-hybrid one.

Or don’t buy any fca product

1 Like

If you insist on a Chrysler Pacifica. Get the non-hybrid Limited trim.

$6750 in incentives if you lease via a credit union.
RV is 50% for 24/15.

1 Like

Yes poking fun. Do some math here. you can get a non hybrid with the same features for probably ~$200 a month less. my guess even with CA’s crazy gas prices you would spend ~$150 a month on gas. How much money are you “saving” driving around on electric power? Now I get it if you want to save the environment, and BTW my commuter is a Ioniq Electric but thats because I have a free 240 plug at my office. During the week I only charge for free at my office. I spend ~$16 a month out of my own pocket for electricity to drive that car. Now that financial model makes sense. You have done enough research to come to the conclusion that the Pacifica is the best minivan, and you are probably right. The fact or the matter is that the hybrids are REALLY bad to lease and the regular gas ones are really not that much better. Crappy reality is no minivan really leases well. I would suggest you look at a three row SUV if you must have the space but think hard if you really do need a three row. My wife talked me into a town and country lease when we had two small children. That was $385 a month, with mediocre gas mileage. In three years guess how many times we used the full capacity of that van? Twice. Our next family car was a VW passat. $190 a month and about 30MPG combined and that worked totally fine. Not trying to be a jerk.

Have they changed the seats? Last time I was in one, the seats were very uncomfortable after a while

Thanks, all good points. We’ve had SUVs in the past (XC90 and X5) and considered it again this time, but we’re too big now, both in terms of seat space and luggage space. I have three kids, one of whom is over 6 foot tall and another who plays the cello. So we need space.

Re hybrid v non-hybrid, I was just looking at MSRPs and didn’t realise the incentives were so different, so thanks for pointing it out. I think we’d save a lot in fuel if my wife plugged in after every school drop off or pickup, but realistically she’ll probably park it in the driveway a lot. Maybe the non-hybrid is best. It’s a shame as I reallly love electric cars. Once you drive one it’s hard to go back.

@Seby12 what’s the process for negotiating if you lease from a credit union? I also read here that Ally was good for Pacificas, but I have no idea or experience using a third party financial institution with a lease.

You would finance it? A 2018 is 35k used with a 3% rate you’d pay around 500 a month with a 72mo loan. It should track with depreciation for the most part. Keep it for 24 months and funnel the extra 200mo or $4,800 total into your investment accounts.

It all comes down to what 3rd party banks the dealer works with. Some use Chrysler captial, some use ally, some use both. It’s fairly transparent to you, other than having to find a dealer that works with ally. Going with ally, expect higher residuals, higher MF, and higher incentives.

As far as minivans go, the Pacifica is quite nice. I worked a lease on one for my parents right at the end of the year. The Limiteds actually lease better than the lower trims. Touring L was about $10k less MSRP and only $30 less a month.

Pacifica is nice? They are roomy and big, but that’s about it. It’s not quiet, horrible traction. It handles like a boat and it is noisy. Rented too many of them at hertz

First you have to find a credit union in your area. I’m sure if you provide your zip code @RVguy can provide which credit unions operate near you.

The website that sets the residual values is called CULA. You can also see all credit unions nationally there and you could google it to see where they operate.

Once you find a credit union you will have to email/call them to get their MF and list of dealers they work with.

In order to see the incentives by trim go to this website called Autobytel generally you can combine IDL incentives and lease cash incentives but NOT Chrysler Capital incentives.

2 Likes