"What is this add-on"? Thread

Trust me, billionaires are penny-pinchers too. Moreso than most people would imagine.

Half are the biggest mooches in the world and the other half are complete laydowns. There’s no in-between.

1 Like

Yep, many people who have acquired wealth themselves may be willing to spend money, but will never be comfortable wasting money or paying more than the absolute minimum required.

1 Like

Could you imagine paying extra for this?

2 Likes

Sanitization fee?

DataDot DNA (and a cautionary warning).

https://www.datadotdna.com/au/

What is StarGard?

Toyoguard

“Peace of mind,” my favorite line. :laughing:

I was offered a service for regular sanitizing from the F&I guy in May. Makes no sense because if my car is contaminated, it likely came from me or somebody who already gave it to me. And even if you’re a Lyft/Uber driver, it’s way too late to sanitize by the time you bring it in for your regular service.

“Pulse” is a $300 flickering brake light.

1 Like

That has to be one of the most useless dealer add ons I’ve seen yet. If anything wouldn’t it just confuse a driver behind you, thinking that you are tapping the brakes to slow down instead of stopping?

1 Like

1 Like

Meanwhile the equivalent (if not exactly the same product rebadged) is 25 bucks on Amazon. I saw one for 12 bucks on ebay.

1 Like

Beware of knock-offs. You don’t get the same peace of mind.

5 Likes

From a local competitor.

“wHy aRE yoUr pRiCEs sO hIGh, _______ Honda iS ofFerRiNg tHiS for $2000 lEsS”

accessories

12 Likes

Market Adjustment is my favorite dealer installed option, can I residualize that?

3 Likes

I am all for a dealership trying to maximize profit on every deal. Every customer is trying to maximize savings on their respective deal. With that being said some of the stuff goes way too far.

1 Like

“Sir, we’ve already etched the glass.”

3 Likes

Someone needs to develop a hydroelectric version of that pulse crap so dealers can literally sell blinker fluid.

1 Like

We’ve also filled the tires with nitrogen*

*+/- 80%

4 Likes

Oh so this fancy air is $199

So what’s the “advantage” of a nitrogen fill again?

And in all the dealer disclaimers I’ve seen it always says “includes a $xxx nitrogen fill already installed etc” so basically can’t say I don’t want that crap.