What is the leasehacker user preferred car under 33k?

I have another car with a v8. I would like a v8. Maybe its time to cold call every dealer.

tacoma 4 banger accèss cab - beat the crap out of it and still lose a few grand

1 Like

Good luck getting a v8 Camaro in so cal for msrp

Mx-5 miata or the Veloster

It’s msrp, no markup just these totally useful accessories that cost 6k. No worries.

Tesla Model 3

7 Likes

Miata / GR86 if you want a sports car. 2023 camaro LT1 starts at 37k or so if you can bump the budget and really want a v8.

btw this is my preferred car not speaking for whole forum haha. I got a Miata last year and if you have a second car for practicality its really fun

1 Like

So you have a daily and want to add a fun car to the stable? Doesn’t that come down entirely to personal preference?

Like you don’t even want a WRX that much but it’s only in the discussion because some internet stranger brought it up. Why are you even discussing it? It’s not just the WRX. Same goes for 100% of other cars you don’t like.

What do you like? Or do you not know what you like?

1 Like

I agree. There isn’t even information here to take a shot in the dark on.

This really is the best buy in the price segment.

3 Likes

What’s the difference if they marked up msrp by 6k or attempt to force you to pay 6k in accessories? You’re still paying 6k over msrp

2 Likes

It does poorly in the new IIHS updated moderate and side test

1 Like

Yeah, thats the joke.

I was thinking more along the lines of what would be the best discounted car in the price range.
The WRX is definitely interesting considering how many people here have them plus the discount. I will take a look.

I guess for example if you had 700 dollars a month available for a lease, leasehacker would say to get an EQS deal.

What’s the difference between buying a $33k car for sticker and a $36k car with a 3k discount?

You need to stop thinking this way and start thinking about TCO (total cost of ownership). Biggest component of TCO is probably depreciation.

So which cars in your budget depreciate the least? Civic Si? GTI? GR86? Mustang GT (if you can get one in your budget)?

1 Like

I imagine the 36k car might be a bit nicer than the 33k car.

TCO is not something I really consider as I tend to hold my vehicles for usually 10 plus years, and dont look to actively sell. I think due to Covid things have inflated car prices to where normally these vehicles wouldnt be worth much.

Now that there are no crazy cheap lease deals I’m also in the market looking for a car or SUV with lowest TCO. I’m kind of eyeing the new Chevy Trax as that has a low MSRP to begin with and may not depreciate that much.

Am I wrong with that? Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

The bolt would work too, but no dealers discount them to get that unicorn deal.

If you’re ok with a CUV, the Crosstrek has a pretty good residual. Somewhere in the low 70’s, assuming a 3 year, 10k term. They might be better as a purchase, though.

Do yourself a favor and get the 2.5 engine in the Sport and higher trims, and not the base 2.0.

1 Like

Another perspective: No one actually goes into Kohl’s and pays a hundred dollars for a pair of Haggar pants.

1 Like