What is the currently the best value used car on the market?

As usual, I was browsing the market for good deals. I am not particularly picky about make, model or type. When I find a good deal I get it, enjoy it for a while and sell it again. This way I had the opportunity to own few great cars without loosing too much money after selling. I came across some great deals for low mileage Audi A8. You can get a low mileage 20-22 A8 with 15-20k miles for low/mid $40s. I think for a car which had a sticker of almost $100k, that is a crazy good deal. You get lots of car fro your money. I was wondering if there are any other make/models which depreciate so badly so that you can them for a bargain price after 2-5 years. I wanted to start this open thread for people who have similar interest in this kind of cars and hope to get some good tips from the experts. Thank you in advance for your contributions!

I can’t speak to the methodology or data integrity, but you could kill some time here to get ideas.

You might clarify your thread title ti be more descriptive of the types/classes of vehicles you’d consider.

When I first read it, I assumed you wanted something cheap that would last forever and gets 80 mpg. :slight_smile:

Buying an high MSRP car used can be seemingly cheap, until its not. There is a reason the depreciation is so great.

Particularly for some of the German cars, I wouldn’t touch used without a decent warranty. If you do decide to jump into that pool, be sure to do your research on that particular year/model before signing.

Porsche Panamera

If a Vinvast VF8 is $250 a month new, imagine how much of a bargain it’d be used. $5.99 a month?

1 Like

Buyback Bolts with branded titles /thread

I like the concept but IDK if I like this example. A 4+ year old German luxury car that probably sold in the 80s is now in the mid 40s? Thats actually not enough depreciation for those things.

And second, that depreciation won’t really slow down anytime soon. Not until it reaches four figures.

With Audis or any German car, make sure you get an extended warranty if you plan to keep it past its manufacturer’s warranty coverage. I’ve had a few issues with my leased '21 A6 that were all covered under warranty.

As far as depreciation and used car prices, I still feel some cars are overpriced. However, if there are specific features and color combination you are looking for in a car, then you might have to move quickly when I see a deal.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.