2024 Mercedes-Benz GLE

And do you not see a value in CPO?

I didn’t say that. But I already have what you could call CPO, why trade it in to get a CPO?

Why trade the GLC at all then? You obviously want a GLE instead of the GLC. If you got a CPO GLE you get what you want without the high cost of a new GLE. It sounds like you just really want a new GLE. That is fine. You are just going to have to pay for it or keep the GLC a little longer in hopes the deal on GLEs gets better.

1 Like

GLE is a “pay to play” situation. All you can do is try to lessen the sting.

OP, have you reached out to any brokers. Doesn’t @AutoCompanion broker MB in your area?

3 Likes

“CPO” gets thrown around a lot without really defining the key criteria. How much of a lower price are you paying relative to a good deal on a new car? Is the TCO lower by enough to justify it?

MB dealers make the most money out of the non exotic brands. Last month I sold 41 new volvos. I would by myself be the 97th ranked DEALER in the country.

My best friend works across the street from me at a MB store. He sold SEVEN vehicles last month. He made $1400 more than I did.

41 deals vs 7 deals.

Yeah they are doing something right

3 Likes

I never mentioned “CPO”

I assume he was directing this at the OP.

I was responding to the prior discussion. Not sure why it shows I was responding to your post specifically

We will see. One thing I learned dealing with cars past 20+ years is that nothing is set on the stone. @djrabbi in parallel thread shared a quote from dealer on GLE450e with $6,663.26 discount on top of $7,500.00 rebate, which brings his balance on 76K MSRP car down to $65,016.68, after tags, tax and fees added in Florida, with $901/mo payment on 48 mo lease @ 0.00315 MF and 7500 mi/yr allowed.
That’s a huge difference if you compare it to $1400-$1500/mo. quotes I was getting. With zero down he would be around $1000/mo. Mileage is still too low and in MD 6% taxes would be added, but you get the picture.

Good for MB dealers. As a consumer I am on the opposite end of equation, what is too good for a dealer is too bad for me.

I did reach out to couple of brokers here, will submit my formal request to second broker. The first one is a bit busy and hasn’t provided a quote yet.

TBH, the picture that I’m getting is that, even w/ more of a discount, there are still structural issues w/ this being an appealing lease candidate. The MF alone would enough to put me off. But if you like the car and are fine w/ the payment, then whatever works for you…

Agreed. That’s why I didn’t say “I like the MF” or “I like that quote”. To the contrary, I mentioned that in MD 6% tax would be a killer and 7,500 mi/yr is too low for me, we drive around 10K miles a year and would be paying a hefty fine if we signed 7,5K/yr lease contract. What matters is that $900 is far apart from $1400-$1500 most of the dealers would quote you (and they would stop talking to you if you asked for any discount). Nothing is set in a stone is what I wanted to get across.

I am also open to consider 2024 Porsche Macan , one of the brokers advertised it (base model at around $65K MSRP) for $900/mo (39 mo/10k mi) ,after dealer’s discount and zero downpayment. I wonder if Macan under $900 is doable in MD.

Are you comparing your $1400 quote on a GLE450 to a $900 deal on a GLE450e?

I realize “e” gets 7500 rebate that is not available on regular GLE450. I don’t like EV, but hybrid is good for me. Saves gas and doesn’t depend on charging, can still fill up with gas and go in the hurry. So, it’s acceptable to me

In that case, you are comparing apples to oranges my friend.
Yes the E gets the $7500 but the MSRP on the 450E you are referencing is at least $14k less than the cars you were quoted on. Of course there’s going to be a huge difference in monthly. If you want the GLE, go focus on finding the GLE450E or, dare I say it, the very underwhelming GLE350

Benz dealers just dont have a ton of interest in offering incentive on them. Facelift for 2024, young age on the lot, etc. Remember, they are somewhat region dependent, but here in CO, we have no trouble selling them. Great mountain cars. So I am sure you can find a store willing to sweeten the deal, but it comes down to how much your time is worth in chasing that deal. And like others have said, they just dont lease well right now. The money factor being over 300 adds a good chunk to monthly, making it pretty much a finance payment.

2023’s could be a good bet - some stores still have them, would be easy to get below invoice on one. I know it isnt the same.

3 Likes

@djrabbi posted his deal offer, you can look it up, the GLE450e he was quoted on had MSRP of 76K, that’s 3K above the 450GLE’s I was quoted on, not 14K less.