What do you want to see in a Lease Deal/Broker Marketplace to find deals easier?

Leasehackr is an amazing wealth of information, and is the perfect resource for people that want to spend the time, and negotiate a great lease deal. However, most people instead of getting that .5% MSRP Unicorn lease, would be incredibly happy to sign a car leasing well that month for below 1% MSRP.

I’m a weirdo self employed guy that does internet marketing/runs websites full time, and have been considering building a curated lease deal marketplace, where brokers/dealers can list their lease deals, marketed to the consumer that wants a car for a price they never anticipated was possible.

So my concept for a site that solves this problem is a marketplace that works with brokers and dealers that have replicable deals, that can be listed on this platform.

To help everyone conceptualize, here is what a sample interaction would look like on the website. The main marketplace page would be split into categories, ex. Under $200, Under $500, Best Value, Electric Cars, Etc. The user would select the deal they would like to lease, and would be put in contact with the broker/dealer providing the deal. If the brokers do not have the specific car the buyer wants available, they can hire the broker to lease them the car of their choosing.

So what I want to ask the LH community is this:

Buyers:

-What would you look for in a platform such as this?

-I think it’s important to show the deals in an easy to understand breakdown, with pricing as transparent as possible. I have considered the idea of adding a sort of calculator to each car deal page that would allow you to see the price with or without MSDs/loyalty/etc as tick-able options.

-The average buyer would have the option of looking through available replaceable deals near them, or the ability to find a broker serving their local area to help them pick the car of their choice.

Dealers/Brokers

-What would incentivize you to actually use this platform, and post deals to it? Would the fact that it’s free to list and you’ll be paid out for your fee be enough?

-I know it may be hard to list deals as being black and white ie

-What obstacles do you see to this vision being feasible as someone in the car industry?

-Any other feedback or ideas from dealers/brokers would be greatly appreciated

At the end of the day I want to bridge the gap between buyers that just want an easy buying experience that will pay a slight premium over a typical LH lease to have it be a smooth quick buying process that still saves them likely thousands on their lease. If this piques anyones interest or they want to discuss in more detail definitely reach out!

Isn’t this exactly like the spreadsheet model that @Cody_Carter started in the Marketplace section of this site? Users just look at the spreadsheet, find the car/payment they want, and reach out to Cody. A lot of dealers aren’t allowed to post their deals, which is why they have the spreadsheet.

2 Likes

You should create an app and call it Honcker.

7 Likes

From what I’ve seen this would cater to a sort of difference audience than Honcker would, it wouldn’t be aimed at being a completely one click online buying process such as Honcker. It would more aim to connect a buyer with a local broker that has available deals and can also help them navigate the process, which I believe a lot of consumers prefer. As far as I can see it seems like there is no central website where brokers can connect with interested clients as well as feature their deals outside of their own personal websites and forums such as LH.

I think there is a market for providing brokers/dealers a place to list their available deals as well as allow clients to work with a broker through a trusted intermediary channel that can mediate the communication and keep everything in one place, as well as offer protection to the consumer

Then call it “Leasehackr Marketplace”

1 Like

The flaw in your concept is assuming dealers want broker deals to become available to anyone able to download an app. It’s not that simple and remember for every >1% deal you sign, some fella probably signed a 1.5-2% deal.

And you also assume brokers would want in on an app like this when it would be “most efficient” to cut the broker out and have the dealer list these amazing deals on your app themselves.

Lastly, I am confident broker deals are based on relationships, quantity of sales, and more often than not are tied to a particular car the dealer wants to get rid of ASAP.

I do agree that marketplace could be better displayed and have some structure similar to an app but they can’t make it so easy to get amazing deals…

Because then soon after a forum will start aimed at beating deals available on this “broker app” and we’re back to square 1.

1 Like

LH marketplace is great, but I think at least in my opinion and that of some people I’ve talked to, the marketplace isn’t great to facilitate a deal or a transaction with trust. There is value in having everything in one place, and allowing buyers to quickly purchase/express interest, and for brokers/dealers to list their deals in a format other than plaintext or spreadsheet.

I know what you are saying in regards to the quality of deals. From what I’ve seen on LH, there appears to be enough quality replicable deals here rotating around every month. Brokers would benefit from the platform as it would allow them to reach a much larger audience of potential customers than just on a forum, as well as the fact that the software will likely make it easier for them to complete deals and have customers trust their business.

Who’s going to trust some MadBrad’s website? Honcker also lost all trust. No one can be trusted without full control of the deal from start to end. At least LH helps buyers to find brokers/dealers

2 Likes

The goal would be to act as the intermediary of the deal. Trust will come with time and with usage, as of now I’m in touch with a few brokers discussing software features we could implement to additionally help brokers be more efficient as well as utilize the platform.

We’ll see where it goes, I appreciate your input