What do you think? Good deal? 2019 Audi S5 Sportback

Honestly, how much are you driving right now that it matters whether you hate the car or not?

dont get me wrong the A3 is a nice vehicle, but i bought it for my wife originally. i just didnt think a loaded A3 was going to depreciate as much as it did. I traded in a hyundai for more than they want to give me for this audi, and the hyundai was 6 years old. I dont mind the unintentional roughness- i just thought i would post to see what all the regulars think. i just know i will have to unload this car sooner or later because it is not a joy to drive for me and i travel about 100 miles a day roundtrip to work.

100 miles a day roundtrip 6 days a week

its temp for right now because of the corona.but normally 55 miles a day. i want something i can enjoy to drive-otherwise I would have bought an electric car

31000 miles a year? Donā€™t lease or we are going to see you back here in 3 years with $15k in overmileage charges

2 Likes

only since the virus started last month- normally 55 miles a day 5 days a week

Ok, so only $10k in overages then

4 Likes

I donā€™t know what your payment is on the A3, but if you paid the same $2k and $742/mo toward the A3, you could be in the black in less than a year. Thatā€™s what Iā€™d do, personally. Ok now thatā€™s the 3rd time, in case anyoneā€™s counting.

1 Like

payment is 627 a month. and you are right. i have heard you all 3 times-i just thought it was nuts that they discounted an S5 that much.

lol but if I lease the car i like, then I can buy it outā€¦lol

In the vast majority of times that ends up throwing even more money down the drain.

It sounds like they didnā€™t. They just super low balled you on your trade in to make the discount look better.

I didnt go any further with the sales manager because of the low ball offer on the A3-which is in excellent shape. If i was serious I would have gone back and forth all day until I got tired and walked.

Thank you everyone-much appreciated and no i am not going to touch this lease.

2 Likes

Mods: :pray:t2::closed_lock_with_key: 2020

The only way out is to wait and/or pay off more of your loan.

Otherwise youā€™re just repeating the same mistakes over and over again.

3 Likes