What do you drink and smoke (cigars)

This is the cigar that Tate smokes. Probably good

1 Like

On a Barrell bourbon and whiskey kick as of late. Namely…

Haven’t smoked a cigar in a minute but my go to is Partagas E2/P2. Cohiba Siglo VI on special occasions :smile:

1 Like

My first cigar was a few months ago - a Cuban Cohiba, because that’s pretty much all I knew. Now I have a modest humidor and around 30 all over the place cigars lol
@jay3 - my go to is OF 1920. Readily available and just great.
Re: cigars. Can’t stop watching the Sprint Sale at https://www.cigar.com/cigar-sprint-sale/

2 Likes

Are you going to bring all the drunky posts from the “What are you Cooking” thread in, too?

Same. I used to bring Romeo y Julieta - Belvederes back from Canada when I lived in NY, and the very early DC days, back when your DL was all that was needed. Quit smoking around 2003. Love the smell, don’t miss smoking them myself (and every time I see that “get the scan” commercial keep thinking that my turn is coming).

Are we discussing all inhalants here? I hope the nitrous lovers come out of the woodwork (I just enjoy watching them).

For drinkies, won’t name them all but the solid standouts:

• Gin: Hendrick’s, Sandstone, Brooklyn Gin. If +Tonic always Fever Tree
  • Tequila: as much as I enjoy Don Julio 1942, the DJ75 is what I keep in my fridge — it stands alone, and if you mix it (eg a Margarita) it’s not complete wallet homicide. Also if you buy DJ1942 at a bar, buy your bartender a shot.
  • Bourbon is not my thing (occasionally an old fashioned when traveling), but I keep Woodford Reserve around for guests
  • Bailey’s + coffee + a Biscoff tastes like first class. The Costco brand is close enough depending on how you brew your coffee.
  • Vodka for me is Smirnoff Blue
  • Red :wine_glass: - I’m partial to California dry reds. While Opus or Silver Oak are always solid, they’re overpriced. Paraduxx Atlas Peak (2015) is better than Silver Oak Cab for the same money. Clos du Bois is my value brand, and their Old Vine Zyn has always been great, but I love the other weird stuff they do. Same rule as DJ75: if you decant something special at a restaurant, don’t be afraid to share. After a professional milestone, I pulled put a 2006 Opus (that I got at the winery, and moved across the US with me) to share with a colleague. It needed to breathe, the bartender and som clued-right in on it when I asked if they could decant it, and I invited them to have some. As much as they appreciated it (and poured less than I would in their shoes) the conversation with them was well worth it (in wine talk and local tips I would not have had otherwise).
  • White :wine_glass: is less my jam, but Duckhorn (or for half its cost) Justin Sauvignon Blanc is refreshing, especially with seafood, and/or when it’s hot
  • Bubbles: Veuve for actual champagne, but for sparkling (at half the cost) I like Mum
2 Likes

Maybe some other mod will bother, but not me. At least they are kind of related to the food thread.
I try to lie to myself that smoking a cigar here and there is not like smoking a pack a day :thinking:

2 Likes

So cheap alcohol is better(tasting) than expensive?

Oh no, the expense stuff is almost always better. But is a $300 bottle of wine 3x better than a $100 bottle? Or 10x better than a $30 bottle? Depends who you ask and what the context is.

Ask them

1 Like

Tbh I fail to taste the difference past a certain point with wines.

Liquors though, this is different and you really can’t beat an aged single malt scotch. An unwritten rule (personally) is to never pair anything older than a 14yr pour and when possible have a big rock available if not taking it neat.

4 Likes

Padron 1964
It will change your life

Glenmorangie Signet
It will change your life

Bailey’s + Espresso is something I gotta try.

Beer: Usually prefer Bitburger or Warsteiner, but do like Asahi and Heineken if in a real pinch.

Soju: I usually drink this - not too picky on brand, I find it’s not too harsh although the ABV is pretty low - usually 26-50ish proof depending on the brand im feeling.

Drinking age in AD is a 18 btw :slight_smile:

My boy :+1:

…not anymore :-1:

4 Likes

We must all make sacrifices when overseas

agree w these. have you tried the japanese whiskeys?

1 Like

Suntory? I remember my uncle has a penchant for their stuff.

2 Likes

yeah, it doesnt even have to be the super exp stuff. even a 12 year yamazaki is great.

Have tried the Yamakazi.

Having been born in USSR, vodka straight up is my go-to choice at the parties.
Approaching on 25 years of living here in US, I probably tried most, if not all vodka brands.

My favorite is Balinoff:

Followed by Gray Goose.

No Russian vodka for me, thank you very much :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

Tequila: Maestro Dobel Diamante (https://maestrodobel.com/diamante/
Cigars: special occasions Padron 1964 Natural, everyday Tatuaje Cojonu/Fuentes Hemingway

… and Negroni of course, but NEVER when I smoke :face_vomiting:

What are these bears doing there? :thinking:

Oops my bad, should have marked NSFW for you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes