What do you do for work?

So you would negotiate with the person there or call the customer service back? What do you say? The estimate is too high?

The person there will negotiate. I think they’re independent contractors. Not 100% sure how it works honestly just know I never paid what they asked bc it used to happen a lot at my rental units.

I was thinking of something witty, but it’s friday afternoon so I’ve lost most function in my brain.

I lead a department in strategic supply chain network design for a large medical supply company.

In my case I was just happy to find someone who could show up in a couple of hours vs a couple of days. Everything was backed up and the basement had already flooded a little. I would have paid $1000 just to get the damn thing taken care of.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

Hence my original post to the plumbing business! They know and they fully capitalize. They’re willing to do what most cringe at and rightfully deserve to be compensated for it as well!

Stay on topic. Enough plumbing already.

2 Likes

Great thread.

Finance here. Used to be on the private wealth management side, then the institutional asset management side, then pivoted out entirely and now work in the private sector overseeing a finance department.

Always had small things going on in the shadows but looking to eventually make a jump into something of my own either solo or with a team similar to @zepp21

1 Like

True you clean enough pipes for everyone. I on the other hand was just answering a hack worthy question.

1 Like

I surf the www and periodically moderate a forum. Daytrade on margin and for some reason checks keep cashing in the bank.

Pay is amazing

4 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

This volatility must be amazing to day trade. I haven’t had time lately and I feel like I’m really missing out on some amazing opportunities in the options game.

I just got margin called on META the other day, was a bad bad day :weary:

1 Like

Interesting thread .
I’m Production Supervisor in flavor industry .
Started as a regular warehouse worker and self learned computer tech . Worked my self up .

2 Likes

I hearted your post but know that it was a sympathy heart

6 Likes

Sell feet pics on Only Fans

Studied Electrical Engineering, focusing on IC design and RF communication, but ended up being a software engineer in tech. Making good money for now, but job security is a concern in current macro economy conditions.

1 Like

I used to be a whore, now I am an order taker.

5 Likes

I’m a therapist. I listen to other people talk about their problems all day. I hate my life.

1 Like

I sell knives