What do these incentives mean?

Hope this isn’t too stupid to ask. I’m looking at Edmunds for the incentives on the Telluride. Based on everything I’m reading here this suv is leasing terribly but I’m looking over the incentives on Edmunds and they look pretty good. Can someone explain what these really mean and how I use them to my advantage at the dealer. I’m assuming they are cap reduction. Should I negotiate a price then tell them I want to apply this incentive? Any advice would be great thanks. I’m attaching a screen shot of the incentives. I’m really interested in the 4300 incentive for 24 months.

Also, I’ve asked on Edmunds for the MF and RV but haven’t gotten a response. Is there anywhere else to find this information?

Supply and demand comes into play on these so it really doesn’t matter what the cash is if they won’t discount off the msrp, I suspect that the rates are terrible still, so the cash just offsets that. Email 4 or 5 dealers and see what numbers you get

Wait for edmunds to get back to you with MF/RV/actual incentives for your zip.

2 Likes

When did you post? I will give them a couple of hours to respond. There are only two guys on Edmunds who have access to that information.

Last night. I asked in the main telluride thread

So that’s what I was thinking. They are going to start with this cash in the offer and come back with some terrible MF/RV

Yes. Tellurides lease like crap.

If the Edmunds guys respond then what do I do? Lol. Ill have the MF/RV and the incentive. Plug those numbers into the calculator on here to get a good idea of the payment? Then I try to get a dealership to sell the stupid suv at or just below msrp :crossed_fingers:t4:. Apply those incentives to the cap reduction? Will a dealer provide me with the details of the contract via email?

If you are new to leasing, I would recommend the following:

1. Re-read leasing 101
  2. Understand how the MF, RV and incentives affect the lease = monthly payment
  3. Check out the “Shared deals section” for an idea of a realistic pre-incentive discount.
  4. Know when to walk
  5. Know when to sign

I think one of the most important aspect is knowing your credit score, and how it affects your MF and PAYMENT.

Good luck

@Beanstalk728

Incentives = Candy Bars for Halloween

1 Like