What did you like most about your dealer?

In all fairness, I think I personally could get this car with 10% off (I received 9.75% discount off MSRP), especially if I didn’t have a car to trade. When you trade most high end brand dealers try to lowball you with under CarMax offer, “because they have to install new tires and (possibly) change the break pads”, yada yada, and forget about CarMax being a wholesale buyer who already took into consideration those costs and is not buying from you at retail price, but buys with intention to put it for sale and profit from it. This dealer off the bat offered to and paid full pay-off amount (which was $16 above CarMax), with no back and forth and haggling. I liked that GM, he wasn’t being sleek and assuming I was a fool. A rare find these days. FYI, I did cars dot com search on my GLC, it was retailing at least $3700 above the CarMax with clean title/no accidents reported and comparable mileage. So, I knew my car’s value and had no intention to give it up for under CarMax appraisal, can’t entice me with tax credit which is offset by lowballing my ride. But, just to be clear, trading in leased MB makes it more hassle and haggle to get a new car.
I know brokers here offer the car with 11% off, which I think is the invoice price (and after you pay the broker fee it’s more like 10.5% discount without transportation costs added, if they deliver what they post on a spreadsheet for a brand new, not a loaner car). But they didn’t have a color combination I wanted, it was more like “this is what we have, take or leave it”. Besides, I had to chase them for a deal and wait for weeks for them to respond to emails (their way of telling me I am a difficult customer and they would rather close easy leads).
So, under the circumstances I think I did pretty good for myself, I have got what I am happy with and had seamless transaction (sometimes good mood and experience is worth more than extra few hundreds of dollars you can save).

As I’ve said before:

You are going in circles with the same information, ease off.

I can’t help it if you are pissed just because I am a thinking human (not a tool) who posts his thoughts on a public forum.

You replied to my post, no? And I’m pissed? lol
You are annoying, that’s for sure.

No finger pointing, but this is the thread I have created and you are the one who replied to it by posting here. I know it annoys you that I am not a tool LOL

Why can’t this forum just have some sort of shadow ban feature where people with the Enthusiast Badge can no longer see Eric’s posts?

Would make the Mod’s jobs much easier, and people who visit daily will have lower blood pressure.

1 Like

Why can’t enthusiasts who get high blood pressure from Eric’s posts stay out of the threads he had created? Simply not visiting and not reading @Eric51’s posts could make it so much easier for everyone.

Go to Meme Lounge dedicated for past two weeks to @Eric51 bashing and lighten up your blood pressure instead.

What fun that would be?

I freakin enjoy Eric’s posts. At least the first 3 lines that I read.

2 Likes

How are you still alive after all the shots you did?

1 Like

Thank you @jay3. You are not a troll, unlike other meme fans, so not ignoring your posts is just as enjoyable.

I expect they have a limited snack bar then?

I was making an appeal to the mods that what’s good for the many is a good thing for LH. And your incoherent ranting isn’t good for the many or for LH.

I was also hoping you’d pull out our high school debate club notes and point out the argumentum ad populum fallacy since you seem to like throwing lame debate terms around.

1 Like

You are still here? Go to Meme Lounge , lower your blood pressure.

Lol it’s more fun to raise yours.

Mine is not affected by what others post. I just see this collective drive to get me banned from the forum for no other reason than that you don’t like what I think about my car, my dealer, my purchase experience and etc. You are spamming my threads with off-topic comments and then posting unending demands to cancel me when I respond to your spam. It’s called Leftism, a virus that affected the heads of too many of our contemporaries who have no clue that individuals can have their own opinions and share them in public without being dictated by vocal majority what to think and what to say.

On Fire Burn GIF by Us

Me just watching the world burn

He’s not breaking any rules, free speech. Mods can only do so much :pensive:

Edit: but now he could be landfilled for going political lol

1 Like

I like talking to @Samaudibh and he’ll keep my hopes and dreams in checked.

Not Happening Viola Davis GIF by PBS SoCal

2 Likes

You really ought to work on that introspection

5 Likes