What cars have you had in your lifetime?

And you’re a car broker? :rofl:

Yeah no test drives needed lol

1 Like

1984 Pontiac Grand Prix Brougham
1997 Saturn SL2
2010 Honda Civic LX
2012 Honda CR-V AWD LX
2015 Honda CR-V AWD LX
2000 Saturn SL1
2016 Chevrolet Malibu 1LT
2018 GMC Acadia FWD SLE2
2018 Chevrolet Volt LT

I think that’s everything that was officially “Mine”, or at least something that I purchased or made payments on.

2 Likes

the use of “just” in this statement is still hilarious to me

6 Likes

Rob Feretti has a great video explaining how he keeps his record clean but in the end it’s just about keeping the right lawyer on speed dial to keep your record clean and treating the fines as a road tax.

Most muni’s just want the money from the fine and with some bargaining will plea down to a non moving offense without points…

1989 Toyota Camry LE V6 | Used | Auto | Light Blue Metallic | High School car from parents. Engine failure a year later.

1997 Nissan 200SX | Used | Auto | White | High School car that I purchased. Complete with fart can exhaust. Still so many regrets…

2004 MINI Cooper | Used | Manual | Indi Blue Metallic w/ white roof & bonnet stripes | First Manual transmission, but so much $ spent on repairs.

2002 Honda Accord EX-L V6 | Used | Auto | Satin Silver Metallic | Purchased to avoid costly MINI repairs, but, nearly sunk as much money into this car as the MINI. Even at 60k miles.

2012 VW GTI | Used | Manual | United Gray | First car I owned that I loved. So many hours were spent driving on back roads then going home and detailing it.

2015 VW GTI | New | Manual | Pure White | First new car that I purchased. Also, completely loved this car.

2016 VW Golf R | Manual | New | Tornado Red | First leased car, high residuals and Dieselgate loyalty credit applied (shouldn’t have), made for a surprisingly decent payment for an R. Loved having traction off the line.

2017 VW Golf R | DSG | New | Deep Black Pearl | LAUNCH CONTROL and Pretorias.

2019 BMW 640i GT | Auto | New | Alpine White | Shopped the deal, not the car. So big, luxe, and that B58 :heart_eyes:

1 Like

My first car was silver…my only non-black car. Every time I have a black car I tell myself I’ll get something different next time.

Shop the deal, not the color, right?

Oh man this is a fun thread. Here we go:

1988 Pontiac Grand Prix - first car I shared with my older brother, as he handed it down to me when he went to college. The car died 3 months later.

1997 Chevy Blazer - another car I shared with my brother for about a year, my dad leased it for us

1999 Oldsmobile Alero - first time I hacked a lease, with my dad’s help. MSRP was just under $20k, we did a 24 month / 12k mi pre-paid lease for $219 per month. Man that car sucked. At one point I had every warning light on the dash activated.

2001 Ford Mustang GT convertible 5 speed manual - first car I truly loved and my first manual transmission. I must have stalled it 10 times in the hour drive home from the dealership. Too bad I crashed it in winter of 2004 and it was never the same.

2004 Infiniti G35 coupe 6MT - traded in the 'Stang for my first “luxury” sports car after I got my first real job out of college.

2006 Infiniti G35 coupe 6MT - was casually shopping the mid cycle refresh model in the dealership when they made a trade in offer and 12 month lease deal (!) I couldn’t refuse. MSRP $39k and payment of $423/mo and they gave me around $24k for my trade in. Fastest and most unexpected car purchase in history. I was on the way to the gym wearing basketball shorts and a t-shirt, the finance manager thought I was in high school (looked pretty young at 25).

2008 Infiniti G37S coupe 6MT - At the time, I though it was an amazing lease deal. $40k MSRP for $480/mo and around $1000 DAS for 39 mos and 15k miles per year. Still my favorite car I owned, but had to transfer the lease because I switched jobs 6 months after getting it and I put 22k miles the first year. Sad to see it go.

2008 G35S sedan 6MT - MSRP was $38k and I bought it for $28k OTD using VPP-A employee discount and $8k in rebates. Sold it just before warranty mileage expired.

2010 G37 sedan - automatic, just needed a cheap lease for $347/mo on a $40k car.

2012 Kia Optima SX - this lease sucked, but I really liked the car and needed the rear seat space for rear facing child seat for kid #1. I paid $350/mo for 12k mi/yr on a $33k Kia. I know I know…hence I only kept it for less than a year. Went back to my Infiniti guy who bought out the lease at nearly the payoff amount.

2012 Infiniti G37S Sedan 6MT - back in a manual after 2.5 year absence! Lease payment was $310/mo including rolling ~$500 negative equity from the Kia Optima lease buy-out. Again, crazy incentives stacked with VPP-A plan discount (MSRP $42k)

2014 Infiniti Q50 sedan - Really disappointed that Infiniti dropped the manual transmission option for the new model, but the rear seat room was needed after kid #2 arrived. Truly my first hackr worthy deal, as the base model has crazy high residual and I paid $280/mo on $40k MSRP for 24 mos/12k miles per year. Actually kept it for the entire lease duration. This would be my last Infiniti (Although I got my wife her 2nd QX60 lease right now)

2010 Audi A5 6MT - another car I loved that got cut short. Back seat was big enough to fit 2 front facing child seats, trunk was big enough for stroller and my hockey bag. But 3 months later found out baby #3 is on the way (surprise!) so I had to look for bigger vehicle.

2016 Hyundai Genesis sedan - Another great lease hack, MSRP $43k and did 3 year lease for $283/mo for 12k mi/yr. Great value for near luxury sedan, huge back seat, huge trunk, and lots of standard features. Just not very fun to drive. Sold it for the buyoff amount 1.5 years later.

2013 BMW 335 sedan xDrive M-Sport 6MT - ohhhh man, my 1st BMW and I came to regret buying a used one with over 60k miles within 6 months. My eyes got big over the low price of $23k for a fully loaded M-sport with M-sport suspension and every option possible (original MSRP was $59k) in Estoril blue and a manual transmission. After changing the engine oil filter gasket myself, I decided to sell it after the exhaust and O2 sensors needed replacement, as the dealer wanted $3500, but I found trusted German independent shop to do it for under $1500. It was a trap. Sold it for enough just to break even with my payoff (1.9% for 72 mos, monthly payment was $310 so basically a lease)

2014 Audi A4 sedan 6MT - paid $19.5k and it had just over 1 year of CPO warranty left. Great car, but just sold it as warranty expired in June and I got crazy lease deal…

2018 BMW 340 xdrive sedan - jumped on the loaner lease deal wagon in May for $299/mo for 24 mos and 10k miles per year. Already miss having the manual, but this engine and quick shifting ZF auto is keeping me happy for the mean time.

2019 Volvo S60 T6 Inscription - as great of a deal as the BMW was, I outdid myself. $53k demo with around 120 miles, for $185/mo with $1700 down and $4k in MSDs. This was great car and absolute unicorn of a payment until…

2021 Chevy Camaro LT1 - jumped on the bandwagon at end of 2020. $39k MSRP, $269/mo with only $369 due at signing (includes 6% tax). Loved every minute of the car for 3 months but sold it for $3k over payoff to the original dealer

2015 BMW 335i xDrive sedan with all the M-sport goodies, including the performance active exhaust and factory performance power kit with extra hp/tq. Great condition car, but itching to get back into a manual. Sale is TBD as my next car is on order…

2021 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack w/6sp manual - placed order on 9/28 with estimated delivery date of 10/19. MSRP is $45665 and with current rebates and employee pricing I’m at $42,900 OTD including 6% tax. This is cheaper than used 2019 models with 30k miles.

Those are all my cars. My wife has had the following since we’ve been together:
2008 Nissan Altima lease
2010 Land Rover LR3 loaner purchase
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee lease
2015 Infiniti QX60 lease
2017 Infiniti QX60 lease
2021 Buick Enclave lease

cheers

His brother being involved in vehicular homicide is a little more than a road tax.

1 Like

I feel like I need to go back and add a backstory column to the spreadsheet I posted. For many of us it seems, each car has a purpose or a special place in our memories. Even for those of us with many previous cars. I find that very cool.

2 Likes

Car people attach a lot of memories to their rides. Brings me back to remembering how other parts of life were going to reminisce about cars I’ve had.

That damn Miata that I bought 12 years old for $4,500 holds a place much more dear than my $50k plus cars of today, tell you that.

:bat:

2 Likes

Indeed. The slightly beat up '88 Firebird Formula that my dad helped me swap a 383 SBC stroker into, which was also the car I was driving while I was dating my future wife, can never be replaced.

1 Like

It’s nice to know other people have emotional attachment to each of their cars. Maybe not the car itself, but the time of your life. As much as I hated the Kia, it still reminds me of first time driving with my daughter in the back.

The Mustang however was during my college years so plenty of other good memories…

1 Like

One never forgets their first philosophy lecture, am I right?:rofl:

:bat:

1969 Chevy Malibu Coupe
1973 Datsun B-210
1979 Olds 98
1981 VW Rabbit
1985 Buick Estate Wagon
1990 Mitsubishi Précis
1990 Plymouth Voyager
1997 Chevy Anaheim Conversion Van
2000 Honda Civic LX
2002 Honda Civic LX
2008 Honda Civic LX
2011 Subaru Forester
2013 Corvette Coupe
2014 Lexus ES350
2015 Honda CRV EX-L
2016 Subaru Outback Limited
2017 Lexus RX350

1 Like

We bought a house… :sunglasses:

I Just went through this exercise the other day when I started adding to VINWiki. From first to current.

1989- Jeep Wrangler on 38’s
2004- Audi A4 USP 6spd
2005- Audi S4 6spd
2008- Dodge 1500 Hemi
2009- Audi R8 5.2 6spd
2014- Lexus GS-F
2015- Lexus RC-F
2017- Lexus GX460
2015- Audi A8L

Not Including other family members

-2006 VW Touareg V8 (Air Suspension, Locking Rear Diff, all options) - First Car
-2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara - Slow AF with an outdated auto trans. Didn’t have a manual on lot with side airbags and had to have it that day
-2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude V6 - Worst car ever, went back on lemon law
-2015 Toyota 4Runner - Loved
-2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited V8 - Nothing like the Hemi

Glutton for punishment, are we?

2 Likes