What car trend do you hope to see gone within the next 5 years?

If it’s any consolation, BMW markets them as sports activity vehicles.

1 Like

I think I heard they’re going back to real names, now that they’re all but irrelevant at this point. I couldn’t tell you one car they make at this point other than the Navigator and soon to be defunct Continental

1 Like

Cadillac need to do the same. It’s better now as its 4,5,6.

But I’m still not sure I actually understand the difference between the ATS, CT4, STS, CTS, CT5, DTS - it’s all just meaningless nonsense and Caddy must have some great names in their back catalogue they can use!

1 Like

CTS stood for Catera Touring Sedan. DTS was Deville Touring Sedan. STS was Seville Touring Sedan. Those ones I at least understood as they were replacements of names. CT6, 5, 4. They mean nothing.

Now instead of putting the displacement on the trunk (2.0, 3.6, etc…), they’re going to put the torque figure on the badge. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Oh, they are w/ their EVs, beginning w/ the Lyriq (no, seriously). The sedan is the Celestiq. I’m waiting for the Electriq, but Hyundai already kinda/sorta did that.

I think the Corsair actually looks like a pretty respectable product…

Is the Atlas Cross Sport basically OJ’s Bronco? Take your biggest platform big enough for 8 seats and somehow turn it into a 4-person car

I don’t understand the trend of huge cars with lower utility… like the Atlas CS and 2-row Tahoes

And BMW grilles: everyone has mentioned their ever increasing size but what’s even worse is the way they extend over the plane of the hood.

Why is there grille over solid plastic or metal?

2 Likes

Obviously for additional ventilation and performance.

1 Like

I can’t wait til the grille reaches the windshield

I think Lexus patented that

10 Likes

Can Toyota kill off the Prius?
I hate the car and the people that drive it bother me more than the car itself…get out of the left lane jackass

My aunt still has her second gen 2008 prius, and it’ll take a Bolt EV in SoCal to pry it from her arms.

The best two days in a Prius owner’s life are the day they get rid of the Prius, and the day they get rid of the Prius.

2 Likes

Get rid of any and all gloss/piano black surfaces. This is the worst trend in interior design.

3 Likes

The interior of my wife’s cx9 had a ton of piano black trim. It looked great for about two weeks and then it just looked scratched to hell and trashed.

2 Likes

The only reason I can think of is that it’s a cynical ploy to shorten upgrade cycles.

1 Like

Then we’d have to get rid of every black Suburban and Camry with TLC plates (ie Uber)

4 Likes

Toyota’s workaday lineup is getting better. The new Priuses (Priui?) look decent, and (I can’t believe I’m about to type these words) the new RAV 4 looks very good, particularly with the contrast roof.

CR-V… Don’t forget the ubiquitous left lane hogging CR-V.

1 Like

Because…why?