What are you watching? No spoilers, please

Of course:) And Enders Games, and down to teenagers crap like Hungers Games and Twilight.

I think Hunger Games were the worst from the stand point that movie essentially didn’t miss anything from the book. How simple does the book have to be that it would fit into a movie? This is the only one I clearly remember reading like that.

First season of GOT was a real slog to get thru. It was just all over the place trying to introduce so many different characters and backstories.

2 thru 6 was very good plus parts of 7 where they worked with GRRM’s source material. When D&D wrote it, it went to shit.

I’d put the good seasons up there with the best seasons of modern peak TV such as Mad Men and House of Cards

Gold standard remains The Sopranos. JMO

Agreed. I will never forgive what they did to Cersei’s character (who I think is one of the great all-time villains).

Argh, haven’t seen any of those. Or Downton Abbey. Have you seen “Breaking Bad?” I got through the first 2 seasons way back when and enjoyed it, but stopped watching b/c partner couldn’t tolerate it.

@Lvs23: not a movie, but have you seen the reboot of Battlestar Galactica? I thought it was amazing.

1 Like

I enjoyed Breaking Bad when I watched it. It’s good, probably one notch down from the best shows.

Just realized almost no long-running show has a good ending. It either ends abruptly or they phone it in with a laziness bordering on contempt.

1 Like

The Last Dance on ESPN, if you’re a basketball fan it’s a must watch

1 Like

Someone recently watched “Suckers”

Last night actually. Small world.

Best movie of all time

2 Likes

You know how hard it is to find a copy of that? They are pricey

1 Like

I have a digital copy in Dropbox. PM me and I’ll send it to you.

3 Likes

I love a good sales movie.
GlenGarry.
Boiler Room.
WoWS.

I think they did a remake of Suckers in the last few years under a different name. Car Dogs, I think.

Which one is WoWS?

Wolf of Wall Street
:bat:

Of course the greats…Breaking Bad, Dexter, Ozark (won’t start S3 until I go back and watch S2 again) but how has nobody mentioned Animal Kingdom on Amazon?! Especially if you live I’m So Cal since it takes place in Oceanside. Like someone earlier said, I’m so jealous of anyone that gets to watch that from the start! Think Sons of Anarchy with surfers instead of bikers. 4 Seasons to binge on. You’re welcome :wink:

3 Likes

Ozark S3. Amazing!
Witcher was good. Not spectacular. But good for quarantine days
Money Heist! On that note, watch the spanish movie Mirage. It’s on Netflix. Crazy sci fi thriller
Platform
The english game

I just finished Season 3 of Mr. Robot and it blew my mind away! Can’t wait to watch the final season.

Also started Brooklyn Nine-Nine and wished I could’ve started watching sooner.

2 Likes

We are almost done with Season 1 of Ozark. So good.

1 Like

If you’re easily offended don’t watch, if you’re easily entertained by crassness do watch. A Canknuckle head that takes things a part and will make you laugh for hours. I’m always happy when a get a new notification from this YouTube channel

1 Like

Just finished Extraction on NetFlix with Chris Hemsworth. Pretty good action movie if you like Call of Duty etc., recommend if you are looking for a movie to catch.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80230399

6 Underground is also not bad for that genre (action movies that require very little attention to plot, dialogue, characters, etc)

1 Like

Watching John Dies at the End… NO SPOILERS PLEASE!!!

1 Like