What are you cooking? Show us your creations šŸ”

You guys both have good eyes! I have to do everything from scratch and be careful with how much oil is used or else my bloodwork is going to come back very badly :laughing:. So I rely more on chili than the actual oil (I also donā€™t use peanut oil), and add lots of vegetables from my local Chinese grocer.

I think thatā€™s HK-style Borscht soup. Is there actual wonton in there? Isnā€™t it actually just cabbage being confused for wontons?

1 Like

Basic Neapolitan style pie.

5 Likes

Both! 2020

What mike said. The reason chefs like cast iron (not always best in professional, thatā€™s where copper is king) is that as Mike said, it holds heat. I can sear half a dozen thick New York strips on the same pan with minimal downtime and get a great crust and a nice pink medium rare if I sous vide versus reverse sear, butter baste, etc where you would have more grayish color.

1 Like

I was wondering if I had mistaken cabbage for wontonsā€¦ @dukez: are there wontons or no?

U bet!

On sautƩ mode cook 2 tsp of cumin seeds for a couple min.

Then add butter, garlic and ginger

Then add onion and jalapeƱos and sweat them. Then tumeric, coriander and cumin powder. I do 2 tsp each.

Then add chopped tomatoes and a splash of water and cook into a paste.

Add your spinach, close lid and pressure cook on high for 1 min

Immersion blend, add salt to taste

Then add heavy cream and cubed paneer. Let it cook for a few more min and serve

Keep leftoversā€¦tastes even better the next day heated up.

2 Likes

There are both :). I cannot confirm which one youā€™re seeing, though. I think both are pictured if you look hard enough :mag:

Sorry it isnā€™t a great photo ā€“ I didnā€™t take it with the intent to post it. Iā€™m not a food photo taker ā€“ I typically just photograph to give my better half visual reference and ask whether I should make enough for 2 or leave leftovers :laughing:. But I figured it would be my contribution to this thread :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Boys, Iā€™m not running a World Central Kitchen here :grin:

Wife is petite, but I annoy her too much to risk getting hit by cast iron.

I melted the last handful of chocolate chips into some leftover ganache, mixed that with some dry roasted peanuts I crushed in the food processor, and spread the mixture onto a sheet of wax paper.

After an hour in the fridge I cut the slab into crude candy bars.

What food processor do you use? Been doing a bunch of research for the last couple weeks as Iā€™m looking to get a new one

Weeks of research for a food processor? My goodness

What features could you possibly miss getting one over another

1 Like

For little jobs like todayā€™s peanut task, I go pretty low-end:

https://www.amazon.com/BLACK-DECKER-1-5-Cup-Electric-Chopper/dp/B000I0DV6W

For bigger jobs I have a predecessor to the current Cuisinart flagship model:

14 cups seems like overkill until you want to make a batch of soup that requires pureeing.

And you canā€™t kill one of these things. Ours has has been turning out 250+ icy smoothies a year for like 10 years, and itā€™s even older than that.

1 Like

Ron Popiel himself

I have a Cuisinart FP and a Kitchenaid Mixer that were hand-me-downs from my mom years ago, and they are both like brand new. They last forever.

1 Like

Much shorter timeline than the years I spent searching for unicorn lease deals :wink:

I put a ton of research into almost everything I purchase. Thatā€™s half the fun of buying new stuff!

1 Like

Commercial Kitchenaid products last longer than people do, itā€™s more sure than religion and the sun.

1 Like

I grew up in restaurants, and I miss the giant Kitchenaid mixer I worked on for years. But I havenā€™t needed to make hundreds and hundreds of dinner rolls in a long time.

You and I have different definitions of fun :slight_smile:

I worked in a small commerical bakery in high school and college.

The Hobart mixer I used to make icing was about as tall as I am.

Someday Iā€™m going to have a kitchen large enough for a Rondo sheeter for croissant dough and pie crust. :stuck_out_tongue:

Skip to 0:46:

1 Like

Itā€™s the award traveler in me that makes me feel like I can get everything for free (or close to it) with enough effort and research :slight_smile:. I just apply my obsession and success from one hobby to the next.

1 Like