What are you cooking? Show us your creations šŸ”

Russian salad?

2 Likes

I hadnā€™t put the other meat on the grill yet (beef fillet, lamb, chicken breast), but this gives you an idea.

11 Likes

I saw these in Whole Foods yesterday:
http://nakedtruthchicken.com/products/waffle-bites/

1 Like

Touche. Ha!

1 Like

Thereā€™s a reason ā€œmeat and potatoesā€ is a very popular culinary genre. Meat often needs a little bit of something starchy to go with.

Lulya and khorovats time!!

1 Like

Itā€™s called Olivier, for some reason

The ā€œRā€ is silent, unlike the flatulence it produces. :grin:

Itā€™s not very photogenic, but his is my second batch of shortbread in two days.

For the next one I may make it in a deep-dish pie plate, and then add a layer of chocolate ganache, some sliced bananas and then a layer of homemade vanilla custard. And then whipped cream.

That would be like a cookie + chocolate bar + banana cream pie.

4 Likes

I figured Iā€™d throw in here with just a random assortment of things I made and ate this week.

pulled pork and chicken for salad

the salad

Eggless cookies since apparently there are no eggs in Los Angeles

Broccoli was on sale for $0.69/pound so that happened

Not sure what to call this in English

1 Like

Whatā€™s it called in the original language?

Made steak, eggs and red potatoes this morning. Sorry no pics, ate too fast :joy:

Need an egg shipment? Iā€™ll trade for any other food, eggs are so cheap in rural pa, less than 50 cents a dozen right now from farmers.

Itā€™s just made up with ingredients common in a certain Chinese province. Not sure what to call it.

Lucky dog! Iā€™m all good - I donā€™t eat a lot of eggs anyway (and I really shouldnā€™t be eating cookies to begin with since Iā€™m cutting). I just had a craving and decided to try my luck without eggs. Didnā€™t turn out too bad.

Was going to say, looks like Sichuan wonton soup with hot oil and ma + la.

2 Likes

For anyone looking to try new recipes, the NYT has great ones - you donā€™t need to pay for a subscription unless you want to view recipes beyond whatā€™s available weekly.

Made a savory Dutch Baby with parm and fresh thyme for brunch - along with copious amounts of rosƩ and a few Sancerres, natch!

2 Likes

Spicy peanut pasta tossed with fresh peppers, asparagus, green onions and grilled chicken breast.

5 Likes

Looks good

Is that a recipe from somewhere or an original creation? Wouldnā€™t mind trying to duplicate.

Really the only part that isnā€™t self explanatory is the spicy peanut sauce for the pasta.

@dukez they have eggs at Trader Joeā€™s in LA !
Howā€™s your cut going?