What are you cooking? Show us your creations 🍔

Grilled yesterday, Grilling today, will be Grilling tomorrow!
S.Fl weather is very dry these days. Close to no rain in the past 2 months or so.

5 Likes

I keep meaning to whip one up from scratch. I don’t have any rye or wheat flour, but white should work as long as I don’t want bread this week!

2 Likes

Earlier this week I roasted the extra turkey we bought/froze around Thanksgiving. Garlic butter under the skin.

Here it’s posing next to it’s own cooked fat, which would soon become gravy.

I didn’t have an apple to stuff into the neck cavity (to keep the breast meat moist), so I used a shriveled up peach I found in the bottom drawer of the refrigerator.

3 Likes

This morning I rescued three objects that were in a state somewhere between banana and compost.

Hat tip to Mom for the recipe for this childhood favorite.

7 Likes

Started up a sourdough starter today and have some pizza dough fermenting for tomorrow night.

And now some peanut butter chocolate chip cookies…

6 Likes

I’m attempting starter #2 - the first was meh. And sourdough choc chip cookies with discarded starter.

I bought an air fryer at the beginning of this, and am working to perfect my cronch taters.

And Wednesday night I realized I had a lot of citrus and feel like someone mentioned Sangria

So…

5 Likes

Those wings look tasty.

Note to self… When transferring cookies to cooling rack, grabbing the parchment paper to move them doesn’t go well when the paper rips… Also, I made those cookies wwaayy too big

1 Like

Unless you’re talking to Trism, mine are all potatoes.

Yes yes: never too big, always parchment paper on an airbake pan. If you don’t have a good $9 oven thermometer order one, you oven is most likely too hot or cold.

And don’t drop the cookies :cold_sweat::cookie:

2 Likes

Yah, it tends to run a little cold.

In this case, the issue really was making them probably twice the size I should have.

1 Like

haha, I see that now that I’m on my computer. On my phone, I was 100% convinced they were wings.

Not sure what that says about my judgement as to what is tasty or not.

2 Likes

I’ve been experimenting in the kitchen the last couple weeks. Here are some of my creations:

Grilled turkey w/peppers, onions, tomato and yellow mustard on a bulkie.

Coconut cookies with peanut butter, warm hot fudge and fluff

Fried egg sandwich w/lettuce, tomato, avocado and turkey on toasted wheat bread

Whole wheat pancakes topped w/Nutella, sliced banana, syrup and powdered sugar

Baked chicken breast w/bread crumb seasoning, paprika, Italian dressing, basil and Parmesan cheese

6 Likes

On Cookies:

If you have a Sourghdough starter, make these choc chip cookies with discarded starter. They lift like scones if you let the dough proof a little before you bake.

https://www.culturesforhealth.com/learn/recipe/sourdough-recipes/sourdough-chocolate-chip-cookie

And Double Tree released their recipe for the ONLY reason you stay at a hotel that hasn’t had their windows washed in 2 decades

:cupid::cookie:

6 Likes

Will have to try this. I do bread from a starter a few times a year, and I always feel a little bad about not doing anything w/ the discarded starter.

You can also add starter to pancakes (I haven’t tried it): https://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/classic-sourdough-waffles-or-pancakes-recipe

1 Like

Among other things yes. Speaking of, I have this amazing bourbon maple syrup. Maybe for Easter brunch tomorrow…

2 Likes

Hungarian goulash.

6 Likes

General Tso Chicken anyone? Made this today with almond flour instead of corn starch on the chicken and made the sauce from scratch with tons of garlic.

12 Likes

Looks great! W potato pancakes?

1 Like

Stab at sushi, which looked better than it tasted. :grinning:

3 Likes

Looks real good…how was it bad?

I had no such questions.

To me, the best sushi tastes like the worst cat food.

1 Like