What are the best lease deals in this market?

Wish they were in my area. Best frontier deal I can get locally is $4k down for $199 on a 34k MSRP. 4xe’s are going for $500 with $2k down.

Grab a Tesla Model 3 or Model Y from the WaitingForTesla discord and finance it w/ DCU @ 1.24%

I doubt you will find a better resale/return at this price point.

(you could substitute a Kia Niro if you insist on a lease)

5 Likes

You’re in Texas, so you’ll need to skew your definition of “good deal” appropriately to reflect your tax situation.

1 Like

That’s funny. I’m keeping my options open as it’s a temporary car just to get to and from the office.

That’s a great idea! I like the Tesla 3. Where can I find out more info on that? Thanks.

1 Like

Check out this thread for tips on getting a Tesla;

I appreciate everyone’s comments. I have never leased a car before so, please, forgive my ignorance. As an aside, the LR premium is running anywhere from $20k to $50k for cars on the lot. The only way around that is to order it. I don’t mind the wait. My main issue is I only have two cars and need to sell one. I thought now would be the best time to sell. I’m sure most people are in the same predicament. Thanks everyone!

1 Like

Good time to sell. Horrible time to buy.

3 Likes

Why sell one of your cars now? Are you planning to cash in on equity?

One of the reasons is the equity. The other is I was caught (by my wife who happened to be in the car also) racing a Ferrari. The guy in the Ferrari was the one that started it. That doesn’t make me any less stupid for doing it (as I’m constantly reminded). My car gets a lot of invitations to race. I’m tired of this and the passenger complaining about that one isolated incident. But, I need to act my age so a slow car (LR) is what’s in my future. I’m planning to swap my fast & furious (joke) habits for off the beaten path scenic off roading.

1 Like

How much equity do you have?

What type of car do you have, if you don’t mind me asking?

Not sure what your car needs are, but lots of “slow” cars that won’t burst your budget.

It’s a 2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio. Sticker was about $80k & I was able to get it for about $70k. I paid cash & I’m being told I should be able to get $70-75k. I’ve mostly had “fast” cars-M3, 911 etc. The cars I’m looking at are the LR Defender and the Rivian RS1. It suits my current lifestyle better and the wife is right-I’m not 18 any more.

The wife is rarely right. Especially when it comes to automobiles. Just get a dashcam, to appease her, and keep your car until the new one comes. Turn it off when needed…

Men sacrifice a lot for their families. Cars have always been a sense of freedom since we got our license at 16. It’s one of the few things that we can also do with independence. I do understand her concern about racing and it could be warranted if you were doing it stupidly.

6 Likes

In this case-she’s right. Racing anywhere other than the track is plain stupid. I’ve owned some decent cars and have always been careful to not endanger others. I’m disappointed at myself. The car has cameras. I’m not going to turn it off or hide anything from her. Absolutely agree with you about men and cars. I’m just trying focus that love in a different direction. Ive been doing a lot of hiking lately, and we go to Estes Park, CO every year. So, this might all work out for the better in the end.

1 Like

I mean rarely right financially! Safety wise and calling out our dumb decisions is one of their fortes. Just wanted to clarify.

5 Likes

Longs Peak is a great hike near Estes Park….saying that, it also took about 11 hours.

1 Like

Get a Tesla plaid, Don’t look to fast but it will smoke anything on the road

2 Likes

Smoke? I think not…. Same reason I’d never drive one. The sound of a “real” engine is a huge part of the fun.

1 Like

You have no idea what your missing, One of many videos of Tesla beating super cars

It gets even more embarrassing when you add altitude into the equation.

The Plaid however is almost too fast for it’s own good since you may have to sandbag it to not get kicked off the strip. (roll cage requirements usually)