What are dealers paying for lease return BMWs?

, ,

Basic non luxury Honda Accord for 450-500/month ?

A brand new car does not fall under any market regulated for price gouging that I’ve ever seen.

Let’s also be realistic here when we’re talking about “gouging”… a $4-500 Honda Accord lease is something with maybe a 5% mark up over MSRP. Generally when one is discussing legitimate price gouging, it’s a mark up that is an order of magnitude or higher.

I get it… no one likes to be on the other end of supply and demand based pricing structures, but the same market forces that allowed you to get discounts for the past 10 years are the ones that are demanding a single digit percentage mark up over MSRP today.

If you think that this is going to flip around and go back to “normal” in the next 2-4 months, you’re fooling yourself.

Gouging in this case will be a simple perception that will stay in consumer minds for some time and not simply a legal term that you can apply to… 10k above 70k car will be around +15% and in any case I’m pro market and I can see that $1400+ basic BMW will not fly for more than 2-4 months :slight_smile:

That’s what people have been saying for the past year and a half

1 Like

During Covid I had a few good purchases JLR in 2020 and another x5 few months ago, timing is a key and April will be a melting point for all dealers :slight_smile: :cowboy_hat_face:

Go walk an Audi or Merc shop that isn’t doing 3K+ markup right now and tell me how many new cars they have on the floor.

BMW has so far remained the most planted when it comes to pricing.