Welcome to Our Newest Trusted Hackrs (2023)!

Thank you all for your Trusted Hackr nominations!

Please give our newest additions to the @trusted_hackrs group a warm welcome! :drum:

@cjsen
@Gearhead
@ilike2breakthngs
@GOAT
@Ttxi

As volunteer moderators, Trusted Hackrs help set the tone and culture of discussion on Leasehackr. Weā€™d like to recognize these newest members of the group for their willingness to help others, civility, and breadth of experience.

We bid farewell to @alphawave7, @jamiemose, @jananth1, @Siejammy, @Splattered and @Ursus, who now join the ranks of our Trusted Hackr Emeriti. Thank you all for volunteering countless hours to keeping this forum organized.

Happy Leasehacking, yā€™all!

34 Likes

Welcome to retirement!

Happy Holidays Retirement GIF by sendwishonline.com

15 Likes

Is there a Gold watch and cake?

In Latin, emeritus was used to describe soldiers who had completed their duty. It is the past participle of the verb emereri , meaning ā€œto serve out oneā€™s term,ā€ from the prefix e- , meaning ā€œout,ā€ and merēre , ā€œto earn, deserve, or serve.ā€ (Merēre is also the source of our word merit .) English speakers claimed emeritus as their own in the late 17th century, applying it as both a noun and an adjective referring or relating not to soldiers but to someone who is retired from professional life but permitted to keep as an honorary title the rank of the last office they held. The adjective is frequently used postpositivelyā€”that is, after the noun it modifies rather than before itā€”and it is most commonly used to describe specifically those retired from a professorship.
Emeritus Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster

:grin:

10 Likes

Miss You Love GIF by GreetPool

2 Likes

Iā€™m not dead :joy:

p.s. ā€œUrsus Emeritusā€ sounds awesome and just right

7 Likes

The emeritus position is quite enjoyable, I must say.

3 Likes

I bet it is, after talking to @jeisensc :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You will have to join us to find out.

Narrator: No, there isnā€™t.

4 Likes

The Gold watch is in the Moon Swatch thread, where I canā€™t find one to buy at MSRP. The cake is in the What are you cooking thread, on someone elseā€™s kitchen table.

6 Likes

12 Likes

The LH emeriti pension hit different

Cheers everyone

2 Likes

Where is @alphawave7 ? Does anyone talk to him irl?

1 Like