We need a hall of fame for useful or infamous threads

How am I supposed to search for something that I don’t even know exists?

Not sure if the concept of Hall of Fame is escaping some people or I’m not explaining myself well.

Thus far, it appears you’re asking us to curate a list of threads that you would find interesting. How are we supposed to choose threads that are “info hidden away that you’ll never see?”

2 Likes

People have literally pointed out threads that are interesting already on this topic without me even specifically asking. That’s what curation means.

I think a better approach would be you starting a thread where you would curate to people’s interests and interested readers can add to the thread as the topic grows. It works quite well under FAQ wiki structure.

I’m pretty new to the forum, so I would rather experienced and older users do that. Me starting a thread would be pretty useless. I liked joeblogs compilation for example and would never have known about those threads.

Here have fun reading this one

1 Like

Everyone always recommends something, but wants someone else to do it. Have there been any interesting threads since you’ve been on here? If so, you can list them in @joeblogs’s thread.

3 Likes

That comes with the territory of the Trusted Hacker title.

According to whom? You?

2 Likes

Yes, based on my understanding of how all internet forums function. It’s a voluntary title and is the rough equivalent of a moderator on other forums. No one has to do anything. That’s why it’s posted on the Suggestion section.

You’ve been linked to a thread in here that appears to be basically what you’re asking for; a list of threads of people making a fool of themselves. If you come across any threads in your perusing of the forums that you think should go there, then add them. This is a community. No one is going to go through all the past threads to curate them for your amusement.

1 Like

Yeah and I’m asking for a forum section devoted to past threads like that. I’m glad someone linked to that thread. Very enjoyable reading.

And people literally are going through past threads and curating them for all of our amusement on that very thread. Never seen a group of people so defensive over a concept that is very simple to understand. :joy:

There’s a difference between saying “here’s a thread where everyone can post stuff they find amusing if they want” (the thread that already exists and has been linked) and saying “you should make a thread and then you should go through all the past threads and pick out the good ones and post them there for me”.

1 Like

Looks like the very concept of a Hall of Fame forum section still escapes you. I tried. :man_shrugging:

The concept of your starting such a thread also escapes you. Everyone tried.

1 Like

No, I get it. You’re asking for a whole other forum subcategory. If the goal is to have one spot where all the threads are linked, then the only significant fundamental difference between a thread and a forum subcategory is that a thread can be participatory by all and a forum subcategory can only be added to by the mods. It’s the exact same discussion of “do this for me” vs “let’s do this together”.

Why would you want a casual user myself to be involved with content curation? If anything, my visits to the site will decrease until it’s time for my next lease. There are dozens of other people who are better suited.

Well the ethos of this forum is community collaboration. The content is organically curated by the community and ranked based on community interest. We don’t have a content curation team.

3 Likes

Not for the first time, the suggestion is that “someone else should implement this brilliant idea I had.”

There’s been enough back & forth to conclude this is going nowhere

1 Like