Watch out for full markup on Mitch/Ourisman deals

Hey everyone

Wanted to make anyone aware who ordered through Mitch for 8% off invoice or buying for 6% off the lot, their finance manager has been defaulting to marking up the acq fee and fully marking up MF. Historically it’s been half of the allowed MF. They will continue to honor half of what’s allowed but you need to remind them ahead of time and check your contract. It can be as simple as “Harry referred me and said it would be half and no acq fee markup” or PM me and I’ll text Mitch.

Markup isn’t an issue for vehicles that have short stays in our driveways but if you’re ordering a keeper you’re probably better off with one of the excellent brokers here or a dealer like Gupton.

They’re still one of the few places you can get off the lot at 6% off invoice with affiliate (including 24s) and I’ve had an overall great experience with them.

4 Likes

What are they doing for the acq fee? Ccap is charging $795 on most of the 4xe terms currently.

It’s inconsistent to be honest. They never promised no markup on the acq but if you push back they normally waive it. I had a marked up one and they made it up to me on the next deal.

1 Like

This is shocking. They have usually been such a beacon of transparency.

3 Likes

Mitch was very transparent with on my 392 order. I had 2 options, 8% off invoice with full markup or 10% off msrp with partial markup. This is not keeper for me, so greater discount was the way for me.

Mitch is a class act but he does work with your standard issue finance people and a GSM who push for margin and he has to push back.

Like any dealer it’s a love hate with deals like ours but he already sold a 392 that someone walked from for 5 over so it does seem to be working for everyone. He’s certainly made me a lot of money this year and kept my driveway full.

2 Likes

I do not get this post. You complain after the deal is done after the fact but you never mentioned it during the deal? For what it is worth, dealerships have to get paid one way or the other… OEM’s dont just throw money to dealers like they have done in the past when volume was sky high.
Sounds like they found a way to make a couple hundred bucks off your lack of due diligence and now you are trying to get back at them online.
For those shoppers that have done their research, Mitch has certainly done a great service and the staff there are particularly friendlier than lets say Ourisman Jeep Bethesda- scam artists (Ourisman dealers are owned separately)
At least, bring up the issue to the dealer before flaming them online… maybe they could of remedied the situation.

What are you talking about?

@harrydogyo pretty much set all of this up with Mitch/Ourisman. He isn’t complaining, it is an FYI so that nobody gets surprised. This was not his deal he was talking about, but a heads up to others getting their 392.

You should have some clue as to what you are talking about before you post info that is not correct.

7 Likes

@Spence.chad I’m as big a fan of theirs as you’ll find and have promoted them as much as anyone.

The expectation was always that MF would be marked up half of what’s allowed. Deals have been getting full markup. You have to remind them to get the half markup. That’s the point.

3 Likes

Would have been helpful to know I could have pushed back before I signed, but it is what it is. I did question the acquisition fee with them, because I thought that was ridiculous.

What were they trying to charge?

$1195 for 48 months.

The most any dealer can mark up an acq fee is $300 so whatever the number is, the baseline from CCAP is at most $300 less.

On a 392 or a 4xe? 48 month on 392 is $895 but 48 month on 24 4xe is $1095 from ccap currently.

1 Like

392, marked up $300, so seems correct. My point is that I questioned it and there was no offer to remove it.

While we are giving everyone a heads up, just another reminder that they won’t release it for shipping until it funds.

Yah, definitely marked up. Its good for people to be aware that just because the acq fee isnt $595 doesnt necessarily mean it is marked up though.

1 Like

It’s brutal to be a CDJR dealer right now. Barely can fuel the support yacht.

5 Likes

Support yacht lol - you’ll see some of those come up from palm beach

Anyone has the acquisition fee for each term or car? Assume 392s, Wranglers 4xe, and GC 4xe would be most important to the community.