Was This Finally “Peak Insanity” in Used Vehicle Prices? And all other crystal ball questions

On LeaseHackr?

I think they meant locally to them.

1 Like

here in FL

2 Likes

I thought so but didn’t specify an area so was just making sure…

Ohh okay…

1 Like

Right, that is why I thought it was noteworthy to post I saw a lot full of cars not just website full of cars.

Both my local Audi dealer and Ford dealer were stacked with new inventory this week. Not sure if or how long it will last, but was interesting to see.

I think things were getting better then omnicron hit and we’re gonna see a leg down again. That’s 100% what I’ve personally seen through Toyota. Not sure if other brands were affected as much.

1 Like

Put 2k miles on the highlander in the past month, so of course carmax is offering $1K more than they were a month ago. $44.4K for a 2020 hybrid XLE with 13K miles on it, that stickered around 47K. Peak insanity still not reached.

2 Likes

Still doesn’t mean your car has appreciated. When the price goes above the MSRP, then sure. But insanity is still there.

1 Like

That’s nuts considering I can sell a new 2022 for 45k…

They just want inventory however they can get. Then charge the soccer mom with bad credit 17%.

7 Likes

I think their strategy is not sustainable and eventually will catch up to them. I am strongly considering to short KMX or buy puts

BHPH for folks with champagne taste and steel reserve credit.

1 Like

I’ve been talking about how I’ve been shorting Carvana from $200 last year on the investing thread. Got burnt a bunch of times but I went in hard at 300-350 now I’m in the money by a good amount. Still holding some shorts on it but covered a good amount…

I searched my email for Carmax and here are the data points over the last 9 months on a 2020 AWD Highlander XLE Hybrid:
4/14/21:$39k
4/18/21:$39.4k
5/13/21:$41k
8/18/21:$40.6k
10/26/21:$43.2k
11/1/21:$42.8k
12/12/21:$43.2k
1/9/22:$44.4k
I’m clearly bored and my football team stinks.

7 Likes

you know how i know peak insanity isn’t there yet? there’s a dick-measuring contest on this forum as to who can get a nissan frontier the cheapest…

14 Likes

Diamond hands I would have sold it in October :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Well Done Clapping GIF by MOODMAN
CVNA -50% from peak
VRM - 75%
When KMX only lost 20%

1 Like

There is also contest between brokers on who’s d… err fees are smaller.

12 Likes

Allergic to making money?

Huh? Did you understand what I said? Or you meant brokers? lol
Aronchi wins, btw, with his “no fee” deals :grin:

1 Like