Was This Finally “Peak Insanity” in Used Vehicle Prices? And all other crystal ball questions

Many people have an inexplicable affection for Toyota and Lexus cars. The Toyota RAV4 Prime is a prime example of this. It’s foolish to pay nearly $60,000 for it.

3 Likes

This seems more like one dumb GM’s Hail Mary rather than a representation of the market.

1 Like

For the same reason they have this gem for 20k?

2010 Lexus GX 460 Premium 460 Premium w/Navigation and DVD Mt. Kisco NY | Serving White Plains JTJJM7FX7A5002819 (lexusofmtkisco.com)

IT HAS A DVD!!!

I think that Lexus dealership is more of a BHPH masquarading as a Luxury dealership than most BHPH as at least those you know what you are looking at.

2 Likes

Issue with mortgages is if you look at an amortization table at 40 and 50 years payments don’t really drop that much…

500k @7% is 3107 40 years

3326 30 years

3009 50 years

2919 for 100 years :joy: $3/mo towards principle

This is without escrow and pmi also. Just p and i

If it made sense you can bet your ass they would be pushing them now!

1 Like

Calling out to see if you are interested at a car for sticker :joy:

These dealers about to have a rude awakening

5 Likes

I know the M3CS is a limited run car so finding one without markup or potentially even a small discount can’t be easy, but I am not shopping for one so maybe I am wrong. M cars in general tend to sell close to MSRP though unless it is a convertible or SUV…

1 Like

Ehhh I’ve never seen a M car go for sticker or over. They had orders in CA for m2 at sticker out the gate.

I’m sure some people played the game but they have always at worst been “sticker”

Are you saying you have NEVER seen a BMW M-series go for above sticker?

Where were you the last 3 years, Space Station?

18 Likes

G80 M3s have been going for sticker and up ever since they came out. M4s are a different story.

M3s are still at MSRP or MSRP + Rate

@Andrew617

3 Likes

Andrew wanted 5% off sticker on a 24 full size RR so, yeah space station sounds about right

7 Likes

Full size RR is not on brand with a BMW m3 lol

Not even close

LR produces a fraction of the units bmw does

And I’ve never seen 50 to 100k over for a m3 like the full size we’re getting when they first came out

Anything else?

I could get them sticker during Covid no problem

Even discount on the M5

You’re right. That’s why I thought this was hilarious.

2 Likes

I think eventually they will get there… maybe one more year. I was getting sticker on limited editions like a year ago. Sticker was also low 200,000s

But you can’t compare the two cars, not even in the same world. That’s why I would never pay sticker for an m3

Pricing is coming down big time. Gigs up

The Rover is an anomaly. Not sure when we’ll see discounts on those when the pre owned are still going for over MSRP. Allocations for builds in 2024 are already completely sold out and delivery is on average 1-2 years. Dealers still don’t have inventory and will not for a while. The only time one becomes available is when a customer refuses delivery of their custom order.

Ya I mean few dealerships in CA have orders in for MSRP but yes prob a year to two year wait at least on the order

This fr? Isn’t that like $300 less than the best broker deals?

Interior with the hyper screen :fire:

How do you recon sub 600? As is it’s around 800