Was This Finally “Peak Insanity” in Used Vehicle Prices? And all other crystal ball questions

Yes like the 430i coupe….maybe I’ll find another model to love. I would like an i4 m50 but the infrastructure isn’t there yet.

I’ve got an aged unit I can BTFO if xdrive isn’t crucial to you. :eyes:

Even with a good discount, the MF and RV will still make it a bad deal. Someone here just posted a couple days ago asking if an M340i is a good deal at like $934 a month lol. In no world is a 3 series ever worth even close to that.

3 Likes

I was quoted just under $800/month for a 430i build. Just can’t find an allocation or a build even close to it!

So what is a 3 series worth? Can you get an s4 or c43 substantially cheaper? Good deal is relative to the time. This is not 2019 or 2020 anymore.

A little harder work for sure. Sold my ‘23 TRX last week for $3k over MSRP. Helped that the ‘24s got a $10k MSRP increase.

1 Like

Those are 440i competitors

No they aren’t. They are 4 door sedans. S5 would be comparable to a 440 GC. Not sure if you misunderstood my post, the one I referenced was talking about 340 prices.

Not that it really matters because these cars cost largely the same and the deals are similar.

Ah, I thought you were referencing @TRN95 wanting a 430i

Wait it’s not 2020?? Thank god you updated me on what year it was! Wouldn’t pay over $700 a month for a M340i. At the end of the day it’s just a 3 series, there’s not a single thing special or rare about it. I would be embarrassed to tell someone I pay almost 1k a month for a 3 series lmao!

2 Likes

Fun thread for you to enjoy.

1 Like

Do you tell yourself the same thing when you go out to eat or grocery shop, fueling up your car, or when shopping for a home?

Inflation is real and it affects everything.

Yes, I do!

1 Like

As long as it’s a consistent position. :man_shrugging:

I don’t like any of it either and frankly I’m shocked the USD has been able to keep as intact as it has been in spite of rampant printing and overspending.

Ok so what are you gonna get if this type of car is what you want?

It’s funny to me people make such black or white value proclamations. So 700 is ok but 900 isn’t. That’s 2400 bucks a year difference. Lot of people spend that much at Starbucks every year. 200 bucks a month isn’t really that much money if it’s the difference between driving the car you want and not.

2 Likes

Yeah I could care less about a $200 difference a month, it’s about the value of what you’re getting for that price point. You seem very triggered by this lmao

Not triggered at all.

Value means different things to different people. I’d rather pay 900 to have a 340 than 500 for some boring car. YMMV

This is the market now and if you want to play you have to pay. If you couldn’t care less ( could care less means you do care) then it sounds like you would be ok paying to play.

1 Like

Fixed this for you.

I just want to make sure others really know you don’t care.

6 Likes

Thank you, had to make sure they know!

1 Like

I noticed there has been a steep drop in the 7-series, a lot of 2020s/2021s are sitting around 50k now on the 740i xdrive. Panamera 4s are finally getting to 60-ish K on the 2017-2018s models. They never budged for the longest time. Maserati Gran Turismos 2018s (I am looking) are under 70, approaching 60 now.

Seems like the higher end luxury market is hurting more.

I went to an i5 party - no idea how in the hell they think they’ll get close to 90k out of the I5 M.