Was This Finally “Peak Insanity” in Used Vehicle Prices? And all other crystal ball questions

Plus, during Covid, demand was higher than usual for several reasons. First, some folks that usually used public transportation suddenly needed a car. Second, there were people buying multiple cars with hopes of flipping them for profit. Third, some folks got caught up in the fear of rising prices and shortages, and bought a car they otherwise would have waited to buy. So with most of that increased demand gone, I think prices will continue to decline.

2 Likes

Well it seems over inflated prices are still very much around!

Car being sold today Vs same car sold last year…

$58,000

Is it just that they have appreciated that much because it’s a 911 or are we still seeing hugely over inflated prices. It’s not even a special 911.

2 Likes

Supply, Porsche dealers still have long lists. Let’s see if people drop off now that things are tightening

Are these car’s using extra special brakes or something.

1 Like

Peak Insanity would be paying those prices…it’s robbery by pen/keyboard.

2 Likes

Porsche 911 market is just different. Massive lines, long waits for allocations. With the problems with 992 supply, comes an inflated used market for all generations.

Lots of new cars coming on every day. Some dealers are texting me asking if I’m still interested a week later. I am gonna hold out as long as possible as I think things will soften.

2 Likes

Sounds close to right. For whatever reason those OEM wave rotors on the RS7 are unbelievably expensive…and they’re not even carbon ceramic.

Typically, ads for these cars have some mention of brake condition or note of recent replacement, it’s kind of expected similar to rod bearing status a la E9x M3s.

What does normal production mean, in regards to what time frame ? Normal now is diff than normal 2019 and inventories have pretty consistently declined over last few decades. Sure there will always be deals on cars that dealers need to move but I think in general things will remain worse.

Also some people refer to deals during height of covid stuff as their expectation which is also not reasonable. That was a time of massive economic uncertainty which we are not likely to repeat any time soon barring complete and total implosion.

Slow mode is so annoying.

Rs7 has (at least as an option) carbon ceramic brakes. High replacement cost is par for the course for them.

1 Like

Very interesting chart…

3 Likes

Which is interesting part?

That it isn’t a penny stock yet.

6 Likes

Did anyone say bailouts yet? Cash for clunkers?

1 Like

Wish I would’ve bought long puts at the top, that would’ve been a nice pay day.

Why Are You Dressed Like Somebody Died? - Addams Family Values GIF - Addamsfamilyvalues Dressedlikethat - Discover & Share GIFs

1 Like

I really hope so because I just had an accident and if it is totaled I will be in bad shape trying to buy something remotely comparable in this market

Brokers here are not just saying MSRP… now they are saying INVOICE.

Blessings begone!!

4 Likes

The difference between sticker and invoice on mainstream cars is next to nothing.

There’s cars we’re going a good bit back of invoice on.

4 Likes