Was This Finally “Peak Insanity” in Used Vehicle Prices? And all other crystal ball questions

I’m waiting for the title for my newly acquired Chevy Blazer to come in so I can immediately flip it, so this is excellent news. Mr. Burns excellent gif

1 Like

This is part of the reason that services provided by brokers on this forum are more valuable than ever. Provide them with some information about your vehicular needs & wants. They will tell you whether or not their dealer (or dealers) has the vehicle in stock or it is (really) coming in. You will most likely get the vehicle at MSRP (which is a “deal” in today’s market) without a bump in money factor. The broker most likely works with multiple brands and can suggest a competitor’s model which might have a better program. Fee or no fee, their knowledge & contacts are worth a lot.

Who would have thought 2 years ago that in Sep 2021 people would be begging to pay MSRP for a car like a Chevy Spark. Lol

4 Likes

Or any GM car (besides a C8 Corvette) for that matter.

1 Like

I just had to use my GM supplier discount for a new Cadillac. Used to be a garbage discount but that’s the only way I could get anywhere near invoice on it.

4 Likes

Do any dealers even accept Costco pricing anymore? Before Costco pricing was the “OK deal, not great, but not getting ripped off either”. Now it would be a smoking deal.

3 Likes

Are you talking about the quarterly costco bonus incentives (currently Audi) or their psuedo truecar we connect to a dealer buying service?

1 Like

The Truecar-ish deals.

The costco truecar thing currently doesn’t list any deals. Basically just says “talk to your dealer and see what they’ll do”. So, I guess the answer is yes, dealers are accepting costco pricing, but costco pricing isn’t really anything right now?

At this point I’m content with throwing in the towel and giving up my '18 X5 50i lease in January and waiting it out. Now that my E63S AMG wagon dream has all but gone up in smoke, I will be OK with my 18 year old Land Cruiser and 15 year old 911 S for a bit.

Well, $89-99/mo Bolts had my beer goggles oogling.

1 Like

Carbuyer USA offered me $33.9k for my MSRP $33.8k 2021 Chevy Blazer that has a $2,500 rebate on the hood everyone qualifies for. Still insane bordering on ludicrous.

Did someone say Ludicrous?

ludacris.jpg_1689854195

3 Likes

Carmax offer for my 2012 XC60 with 93k mile. Can’t complain, we bought the car 10 years ago for $40k.

3 Likes

That seems low for a low mileage 2012 XC60. Is it significantly damaged?

No. We shopped around, Carvana only offered $6k and local Volvo dealers are around $5k-$5.5k

This may be the first e-mail I’ve gotten that says things are moving a little towards normal…

1 Like

It’s that pesky little * that you have to watch out for :rofl:

1 Like

At msrp or lower!*

*All vehicles come with $3999 protection package and $2999 window etching

7 Likes

Even “Palasades”, so no cigar on Palisades at MSRP.

5 Likes