Was This Finally “Peak Insanity” in Used Vehicle Prices? And all other crystal ball questions

On a 2022 X5? I have seen some brokers offer up to 8% off MSRP.

assuming car gurus is correct, X5s, RX350s, and other luxury SUVs are sitting and getting discounted. Prices are still too high, but I’m glad I’m not the dealer trying to sell them

2 Likes

I’m sitting on a 10% off offer on a pretty decent m sport unit. It’s not easy but it’s doable.

1 Like

No tears shed here. lol

I’ve been offered 10% off a new F150 Powerboost, but I’m still waiting. I think we’ve got heavier discounts coming soon.

2 Likes

One thing is certain the discounts are unlikely to get smaller unless some disruption happens. We should be able to get higher discounts and/or better incentives. The beauty of not needing a car is that I can be aggressive and wait for the dealers to come to me. I’m just posting my experience for the benefit of people who are ready to jump on the first 6% off deal.

6 Likes

I’m seeing commercials for trucks with discounts again. Not the massive $12k off MSRP stuff we used to have in the before times. But small things like $500 cash back or $1000 of mods.

It’s at least a start.

1 Like

Winds of Year-end discounts are being felt for various brands…

Agreed, we have not yet hit the lowest point of the slowdown or recession or whatever you want to call this. Next summer before MY24 cars starting to hit the lots, we should see double digit discounts and big manufacturer incentives return just to move metal and make room for the new MY units.

I work for a Fortune 500 tech company and the amount we have cut out our internal FY23 forecast just in the last few weeks is just alarming. We just do not see any demand beyond the absolute necessity. Some customers are even trying to get out of the LTAs we have signed 3-4 months ago. Everyone is bracing for impact or so it feels…

1 Like

In truck capitol USA(TX), local dealers all have advertised $3-$5k off.

We’ll get bigger discounts in the future to offset the rates hopefully. Wanted to get one before the end of this year, but it looks like it’ll probably next year.

2 Likes

Bank of England capitulates, re-starts quantitative easing. That didn’t take long. BOE is buying 65bill pounds of UK bonds. Only delays the inevitable. Lets see if other countries follow(including US), get cold feet on QT. An out-of-control Fed balance sheet is how we got into the current situation.

2 Likes

These continue on the downward spiral.

5 Likes

Every month is truck month in Texas.

8 Likes

Tightening and at the same time, buying your own bonds. Only in a Keynesian dystopia would that actually work, at least temporarily.

2 Likes

Trust us.
– Experts

2 Likes

120K feels expensive for a 5 year old car with 45K miles.

2 Likes

If memory serves correct those 1st gen W12 variants were north of $200k…maybe about $250k?

In the land of Urus’s (Urus’? Urii?) doing MSRP+ and high spec Cayenne Turbos doing maybe 1/3rd off MSRP…50+% off in this market sounds like a steal.

Demand and garbage reliability is always a factor in Bentley products. These would be 75k in past markets

1 Like

weren’t these roughly $250k new? seems about where it should be at this point.