Was This Finally “Peak Insanity” in Used Vehicle Prices? And all other crystal ball questions

Part prices are up, labor up, rates up… The late model luxury market will crash hard when supply increases

2 Likes

45K vehicles built waiting for parts

1 Like

Any insight here on used Range Rover Sport pricing. Has it started, better to wait some more? My wife for some godforsaken reason wants one of those. Well OK they look awesome, I’ll give RR that. But for the money, there is so much better out there. Happy wife. happy life principle applies though.

They’re in the mid $60s for a low mile (under 30K) 2019/20 HSE with the V6. I have no idea if that’s good or not since I have never followed those. Seems reasonable I guess but I have no idea.

Get the most expensive extended warranty available

9 Likes

ok this made me laugh

1 Like

Absolutely. That’s why I want 2019
Or 2020 so they have a yearish (depending when it went into service) left of the original warranty and then 2 more for CPO. Once out of warranty, SELL SELL SELL!!

2 Likes

Basing this on info I am getting from dealers re. the full size, assume the same would apply to the new Sport. It seems supply issues are not getting any better any time soon. Allocations are constantly being pushed back - currently 12-18 months for a new build on the V6 SWB. My local volume dealer here has only had a handful of orders from last year land. My guess and I could be wrong but as long as this persists, used RR pricing will remain stagnant for the foreseeable future.

1 Like

This I’m afraid, is a meme, and a bullshit one at that. In my day, we called it ‘whipped’, if you follow.

5 Likes

Eh. I buy what I want, she buys what she wants. Err’body happy. My job is to get the best deal possible since she would plunk down asking price and double up on the desert protection package.

1 Like

Found a new candidate on Reddit, so many blessings.

Looks like Canada. Air conditioning fee😂

1 Like

But its a new BEAMER. :nail_care:

This is so ludicrous I almost don’t believe it.

1 Like

wonder if its legit XPEL or scotch tape

1 Like

No line item for lube?

2 Likes

Probably maple syrup that they drizzled on the hood.

2 Likes

And no blinker fluid surcharge!

How will their children eat?!

1 Like

What place has a 595 registration fee?

It’s in Canuck Bucks remember. $68K of those is $51K of our worthless Northern Pesos.

1 Like

When I lived in Nevada, the registration fee was based on MSRP. The more expensive the car, the more you paid to register. Since I guess a $50K car causes 10X as much damage to highways as a $5K car :roll_eyes:

I owned two almost new cars and it cost something insane like $1500 to register the two of them. And then every year it got a bit better since the formula was a sliding % of MSRP as the cars got older. But holy shit was that a shock to the system.

Of course NV has no income tax and all other taxes are pretty low, so the state has to get money from somewhere. But still.

1 Like