Was This Finally “Peak Insanity” in Used Vehicle Prices? And all other crystal ball questions

odds of the train arriving in Russia?

1 Like

How come you’re able to edit messages and not see the yellow pencil when you do it? Is it different since your a mod?

Secret

10 Likes

This gem I found on Reddit.

18 Likes

Would love to see the commission on that sale! I hope these sales guys are saving for the inevitable, but I already know the answer to that in general…

7 Likes

Great clown name. :+1:

2 Likes

Pains me to read askcarsales on reddit, they asking the wrong forum lol. Don’t promote us tho, ban.

4 Likes

Someone should make a leasehackr reddit

4 Likes

I got banned off there for giving “unprofessional” advice that someone making 40k a year shouldn’t be buying a 35k brand new car.

Literally one of their rules is don’t give advice unless you’re in the industry. Obviously 22 year old car salesman are the most well qualified personal finance advisors.

The clownery over there makes me so grateful for leasehackr

19 Likes

Well, market might be coming down finally, at least for the higher end models:

https://twitter.com/GuyDealership/status/1570432916911718400?s=20&t=-UcxDtJkjNiz9-81ABS-6Q

3 Likes

To pay that type of commission they must still be marking up the cars. The easier solution is reduce the price and pay their sales people the normal commission. :person_facepalming:t3:

10 Likes

Always Be Closing Alec Baldwin GIF

1 Like

I am just curious which brand this is. My guess is either Maserati or Aston Martin. Mclaren is an option too I guess. I cannot imagine other exotics like Ferrari or Porsche or Bentley struggling to move used units…

1 Like

I follow/watch several high rollers, in terms of hyper/super cars… nobody is buying. The $100k-$300k segment is particularly brutal. That makes total sense, as those would be the introduction vehicles for the super car world. They’re out of reach for the average Joe, and often too petty for the big bois.

I’m personally hesitant to hold onto any vehicle, unless it is a specialty vehicle or an absolute unicorn of a deal. I’m not practicing HODL in this storm.

2 Likes

I think you’re spot on. Wouldn’t be the more desirable lux brands.

1 Like

No one’s buying? They’re all sold out for 2 years!

Only frugal luxury car buyers seem to be holding out waiting for these insane valuations to drop. High earners have more cash then ever right now thanks to expansion of monetary supply. The market is still very very hot for desirable cars.

Correction** :innocent:… I believe the wise are not buying.

2 Likes

That’s why I added my second part of that comment!

1 Like

Ha, I had no doubt! :beers:

I’m one of them. I almost bought a gt3 a few weeks before lockdown. Same car is now $80k more. I couldn’t imagine having a gt3 for 2 years and selling for almost 6 figures more. My brain won’t allow me to pay these prices. Therefore I’m stuck in a $350/mo tundra

6 Likes