Was This Finally “Peak Insanity” in Used Vehicle Prices? And all other crystal ball questions

At this point anything is possible.

1 Like

you’re YEARS away from that unless the bottom completely falls out. the auto makers and dealers are quite happy with these insane prices.

The entire middle/middle upper class is ready and waiting for the fire sale with fiat in hand (me being one). Which leads me to believe it won’t be happening this time around. That’s the thing with inflation…

1 Like

That stag, damn stagflation.

1 Like

Yesterday I had an email exchange with a bmw dealer. In his first email he tried to talk about inventory shortage blah blah blah. In his second email he agreed to 9% off on the base trim X5. They will try to milk it as much as they can but someone will blink.

2 Likes

sDrive I presume? Those are generally discounted MUCH higher than xDrive

1 Like

Any base trim available in inventory

So no Msport…

Were any of them missing HK and/or the lower tailgate power?

1 Like

This is probably in front of the Union Station. FWIW, this station is always $1+ higher than all others. Never understood how they stay in business since you can drive a few blocks and save.

Easy. More money than brains - lot of that going around in LA trust me

1 Like

The new middle class…gives a lot of hope to the lower middle for sure.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/one-third-of-americans-making-250-000-live-paycheck-to-paycheck-survey-finds/ar-AAXXFaj

1 Like

Let’s hope ZH is right for once…

250 doesn’t spend how it used to.

3 Likes

All those sales declines are 100% accurate compared to other sources I see. ZH just doesn’t sugar coat it and blame it on lack of inventory. Been having these inventory issues for a year now, nothing new. Sales are declining for sure. I see it first hand

1 Like

Million dollar question seems to be are sales slowing down due to slowing market or even slower production? (Or both)

I doubt the actual selling prices of the '23s will change much. Dealers will just mark them up to match whatever 22’s are selling for currently. And if gas keeps climbing, people will likely still pay the '22 prices.

Keep my states name out your MF’ing Mouth!

4 Likes

lololll… TN is definitely on my list of favorites. :+1:

3 Likes

Great state, but driving east to west through it is a drag!

1 Like

Dimon went from “Storm clouds on the horizon” to “Economic Hurricane” and all it took was a 2k point rally in the Nasdaq. Shoutout to retail investors providing that sweet exit liquidity with their “buy the dip” “greedy when fearful” nonsense.