Was This Finally “Peak Insanity” in Used Vehicle Prices? And all other crystal ball questions

The only issue I have with comparing to post war 20th century is we had a strong lower middle class industrial base. A non globalized economy and no real debt to gdp comparable to today. It’s very hard to compare this situation to anything else in American history. What you can correlate is that all fiat currencies through history have gone to 0. That’s likely the plan, inflate the debt away and come up with a new global standard. That’s not going to be good for Americans at all whatsoever. The wealthy aren’t holding dollars, the middle class is. The wealthy own real assets, buying unprecedented amounts of lands and consolidating companies in preparation for a less competitive market.

Globalization is why other countries are experiencing the same problems as us. And similar monetary policies as well.

Around $5.80 to $6 here in northern LA county, I’m in the boonies.

Make room for pricing the new Equinox EV? Suppose to start at $30k.

Equity vs Equality. :wink:

1 Like

That’s true.

Looks like 2022s have $3k for employee pricing, $1.5k for supplier, and the standard 500 for college grad, first responder, or healthcare workers.

Just seems really odd to be lowering prices by 5k-6k on models when they can’t even keep up with the demand.

Cut the rebates, strip them down to a desired price point and make all added features ala carte.

1 Like

One of my favorites, which the majority of the general public should see (and understand).

3 Likes

Just hope it doesn’t tank the MMR for my 2022. I’ll be selling once the Tesla gets here in hopefully September.

But really…

9 Likes

Love the guy standing in the hole… :grin:

2 Likes

Trust me that’s just the most SFW one I could find.

1 Like

Insanity is not over yet.

2 Likes

Coming from someone that benefitted greatly from the printers. F that guy and his naked silver shorts! Just another robber baron. Where was he the last 10 years leading up to this calling out the cracks in the economy? Hindsight is 20/20. If govt truly cared about markets they need to break up these banks. They would have never wielded this type of power without the fed.

Jpmorgan the bank of the cartels.

https://www.thestreet.com/.amp/investing/jpmorgan-jpm-deutsche-bank-db-money-laundering-report

1 Like

Whole banking system is a ponzi scheme. Meant to make themselves, family, friends rich and make the dumb masses pay for the theft. Oh how good it is to be on top.

2 Likes

The fines these banks pay are the best. Make 10 bill pay a 10% fine to the big guys. That’s called a kickback where I’m from.

1 Like

Haha kickback if you do it. For them its cost of doing business. They destroyed this economy while robbing us blind. Back to topic it will dramatically increase prices on cars and everything else further. Inflatation is here to stay.

2 Likes

i see what you did there bill hader GIF

It’s all on topic bc it’s all inter-connected. The auto industry is a huge part of the economy and we rely on the banks to service us. Notice if you can get a lease through a credit union it’s always better. Same place you should do your personal banking to keep money out of their hands as much as possible.

Im ready for :fire: sale lease deals if we do hit hard times. Miss my z4 hardtop for $280 monthly.

2 Likes

What I anticipate is that residuals will climb but rates to go much higher. Dealer pricing should generally stabilize to somewhere between list and front end invoice.

Example: add 6% to every residual but rates in the .00400 range.

1 Like