Was This Finally “Peak Insanity” in Used Vehicle Prices? And all other crystal ball questions

But it’s all related, “insane” prices of goods is directly related to value of currency.

@M3WC for us non finance savvy. What exactly will happen when it implodes? Thank you in advance.

I assume everyone is doing the Birdman hand rub for the $1m home to turn into $1.00?

rubbing hands GIF

1 Like

Ouch almost pulled the trigger on one last Fall. I just can’t get over the dated Tesla car designs at this point, but some nice equity during the current $5 gas period for anyone that was wise enough to pick one up in the last couple of years.

The Lightning McQueen sloped style front end/headlights of the Model 3 and Y just doesn’t look right in most colors.

That was pretty slick timing to time the product line price increases with the Texas Cyber Rodeo festivities and media attention last night. Plus all the Twitter board publicity. Well played Elon!

04/22 - 31k

2 Likes

Private party is still high. Id go that route personally and I tell most my clients to do the same if they have the patience for it.

1 Like

Speaking of the stock price.

1 Like

I am just extending at this point as can’t really find a replacement $ to $ for the manual taco (keep checking your inventory but nothing Catching my eye)

I’m just checking the vroom for data point & some fun lol

1 Like

I have a manual pro for a mere 4k over. 700 lease…

But yeah I get it things are def tough I would extend as long as possible unless selling the car gave me enough equity to effectively lower payments to where I needed to be. Hence I still drive an old tundra…

1 Like

Exactly!!!

For whatever reason, Vroom and Carvana have become very tight with offers for the cars I check (like you, out of curiosity). In October they were way above dealerships, now it is the opposite.

1 Like

yeah it’s almost like rising interest rates are poison for their business model…

8 Likes

Yeah, they definitely seem to make a lot marking up rates, but is it more than dealerships on used? I have no idea…

They were blowing away my dealers on trade ins for months by thousands now dealer is usually 2-3k higher on trades. Not sure they can issue much more stock to raise capital, without crashing shares further, and they can’t be profitable borrowing at current rates to overpay for stock. They were one of the more obvious stock shorts I’ve ever seen but I got burnt all the way up so didn’t make nearly as much as I should have shorting that dumper of a company

3 Likes

Yeah, it always felt like they were good bets to short if you expected rates to rise.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Even if we open up our own chip factories here the materials are difficult to source. What a disaster… Add in a proxy war in the east and things are just beginning imo.

Poverty and the associated shortages from lockdowns, coupled with food supply issues will kill exponentially more people then covid. So China decides to lockdown again, not like they value human life anyway. Another “great leap forward” in the works.

4 Likes

LMAO! Good 1 Jen.

1 Like

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5