Was This Finally “Peak Insanity” in Used Vehicle Prices? And all other crystal ball questions

The catch is the $4000 is only good on vehicles 2 model years or older… So the play would be to grab a 1 model year old loaner, lease it and then buy it out after a year, or when it’s under $25K, using an escrow like Drivecaramel. However, income limits still apply…

3 Likes

I wonder if the POS rebate going to change the market landscape in favor of sellers, and their reluctance to give a pre-incentive discount. Yes, slow sellers will still need help.

The biggest deals I assume from now on, are on ICE only vehicles?

Yes, but I didn’t say it was a good idea…

Business 101 would say don’t throw good money at bad. Yet here we’re are. When Oprah gets elected in 2028 it’ll be free evs for everyone I’m guessing

1 Like

buying a fart car to hold onto…idk how I feel about that one.

Always have to spoon feed the bear:

Favorite in your browser!!! :slight_smile: :bear::star:

1 Like

https://wolfstreet.com/2023/10/09/our-experience-with-the-collapse-of-the-dollars-purchasing-power-for-used-cars-auto-insurance-repair-costs-and-rental-cars/

1 Like

You and 2 other people on the planet follow WR and his doomscrolling “blog” at this point. Congrats on being the 3rd.

:clown_face:

ok thanks for letting me know

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

No problem.

Looks like it is 4 people now with your buddy @Eric51.

Yeah, I still remember zero hedge and wolf selling gloom and doom back in 2010 AFTER the crash around the time QT was invented and the stock market had been skyrocketing, yet they had pooping at it all the time.

Bought into that line of thinking and missed the 2010-2012 run-up but haven’t looked much since. Checking headlines here is there and still “world-is-about-to-end”. I get it they could be right occasionally. But reading them constantly will lead to depression. Been there, don’t want to go back.

Everything they write is always doom and gloom. Like food on steroids for short sellers waiting for the next crash that comes only every 10 years or so.

4 Likes

I was the same way as you and got sucked into a lot of that - still read a bit here or there but only as part of a bigger overall picture and I definitely avoid anything by Michael Snyder with the constant world is ending stuff….

1 Like

Totally agree.

As MIT Professor Paul Samuelson famously said: “the stock market has successfully predicted nine out of the last five recessions

2 Likes

To be fair all economic principles have been thrown out the window. Theres no debt ceiling and they printed 30 trillion or so. Who predicted they could get away with that? Had they not and congress actually balanced a budget we would have had a nice stock market correction and been over any issues by now.

Now it seems they only have one option, a new currency which is just going to transfer even more wealth.

6 Likes

Zero hedge was outed as a Russian bot wasn’t it?

Of course they are. They don’t bow to neoliberalism = Russian bot. God forbid you actually embrace libertarianism and go against the official narratives.

They’re sensationalist I’ll agree to that, but what news organization doesn’t prey/profit on fear?

5 Likes

Hey that’s really great news.

I feel like the market is getting back to 2019 pricing with the exception that there isn’t nearly as much rebates and residual (whether justified or not) buffs unless you count BEV’s which there are of course more available options now.

Inflation has also priced a lot of buyers making less than six figure gross out of the luxury market which means a more narrow target audience.

1 Like