Was This Finally “Peak Insanity” in Used Vehicle Prices? And all other crystal ball questions

Wow, I don’t see that offer. But this offer may be worse. Pay $21k (before taxes and title) for the privilege of driving a mileage-restricted Compass for 42 months! Maybe Eric will get rid of his Porsche and go for this instead. Since he’s not average.

2 Likes

You could make it a 24 month loan they’d still be underwater

I wouldn’t drive a compass for free.

For free, I’d get a compass. But seriously that car is doing terrible with a 190+ day supply and this “offer” is terrible.

1 Like

God that is a hideous interior. Between this and their attempts to replicate modern f1 steering wheels, lots of misses interior wise

lets add to the fire SIGNED! | 2023 Civic Type R | $45,345 MSRP | $52,000 Sale Price | $30,949.21 One Pay |

2 Likes

I enjoyed my time with my Quattroporte. I didn’t buy it new, however - no one does. The new generations aren’t that unreliable past the 15-16 MY, and MY 17 on the Levante. I had zero issues. One has to stay away from the base models which are very sparse. Most people just don’t get hung up on the parts sharing. Most owners park, drive it and enjoy it like any other car.

When I lived in North Scottsdale, I remember driving it to the The Biltmore - Waldorf Astoria for a finance conference, and people loved it. There was a party out by the circle where you pull up and a woman goes “IS THAT MY RIDE? I want THAT!”

The realization was: No one gave 2 shits about a Panamera when I was in it. Or a M550i. Or M5. They’re enthusiast jerk off cars. It’s ok to say, no one knows/cares much about them. But you can’t replace that feeling you get, and the memory. That was every car owners dream.

I have another BMW now, though. No dealership close for anything too exotic lol.

1 Like

Lol so Arizona may suck but the ladies there like Maserati…

What about buying a new-but-depreciated anyway Ghibli for $60k? Do itttttttt

1 Like

Back to “Peak Insanity” in Used Vehicle Prices:

https://www.acuraofstamford.com/used/Jeep/2017-Jeep-Wrangler-7123ffa60a0e0a990c7cb880985edd32.htm

Here is a MY 2017 Vehicle that originally stickered for $37K

2 Likes

Tack on the neg equity from the last bad deal, 20% interest for subprime and an extended warranty for $7k and the owner of the dealer has a nice yacht payment on this one.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

Idk, they seem to have been going this much at this age for a while even before Covid. Like it or not, for whatever reason the used older stripped down wranglers carry a high price.

Someone posted that they were negotiating a 10k markup on a new Prius. So when you compare stuff like that to this wrangler which will probably be negotiated down 1-2k, seems like its “reasonable” in this day and age.

Are you saying the masarattie helped you get laid? Can’t do it in nyc - gonna get smirked all day

I need the 911 Dakar or any other supercar with beefy tires

Who’s hacking the Aston Martin SUV?

2 Likes

Considering a 2021 is $100K under MSRP, probably no one. Looks like a tarted up Macan anyway.

Insanity. Dealers are full of it.

And no, it’s not a mileage mistype.

Can’t imagine this will move.

Lol they’ll CPO and warranty it with 80k on the odo?

911 with 80k miles is just a massive repair bill waiting to happen

Maybe it’s a big-brain move and the massive repair bill has already happened with everything being a new rebuild on that VIN.

1 Like

I love seeing 911 adds with 30k miles and totally rebuilt motors/swaps lol

own two 991.1s with over 90k miles and have had little to no repairs needed on them. These are rentals mind you so they arent babied either. Would easily say that the 991.1 and 991.2 gens are some of the most reliable 911 models we’ve had.

2 Likes