Was This Finally “Peak Insanity” in Used Vehicle Prices? And all other crystal ball questions

The scenario you point out is one possibility though a bail in scenario is much easier after they get their cbdc instituted. Any wide scale bail in attempt before that will cause the mother of all bank cash runs imploding every economy tied to the dollar. We aren’t Cyprus, and the damage cannot be contained from such an event.

Just like they ran Covid to paper over the catastrophe in the repo market in late 2019 into 2020 they will do some more QE and printing for the next banking apocalypse.

At this point everything is on the table. It may turn out alright but hope is the worst strategy. Land, food, power, heat, brass, and lead should be in everyone’s portfolio. These Bolsheviks are mostly clinically insane and will do anything to keep power.

3 Likes

Everything from Toyota can be had at msrp if patient/willing to travel. Many vehicles are now under msrp. I’ve not seen an apr over 8% for anyone with tier 1. They run special rates on certain cars every month. Many are 3-6% this month. Just did a pro Tacoma for 6.3% with no special rate.

Not to mention I don’t have any dealers that force Toyota bank on the buyer, so they can bring whatever financing they want. As for Kia just the telluride is the only thing I can’t get at msrp.

Problem reaction solution. They will have the people begging for cbdc (to save what’s left of their savings) when the time comes. Using force was a pre 21st century tactic, technology/information along with extreme subversion in govt is the new weapon of choice. Social credit systems, neurolink, UBI all terms being thrown around now to normalize and condition people for what’s to come. They will throw the politicians under the bus and blame the constitution for all the problems created, then offer their new system to “save us”. That new system will erase sovereignty of nations for a global government.

5 Likes

8.6% loan for 60 months on a Sienna with TFS. 860 credit score . Yes, 860. Finance mgr said “I’ve never seen a score this high before”

3 Likes

More than likely first time buyer, OR someone with a BK on file, I’ve seen people with BK’s on year 6 have 750+ scores and still can’t get a credit card.

That’s usually the consequence of having previously burnt the bank that they applied for.

Used to see it on the MyFICO forums where people would get decline letters back from AMEX spelling out the “reasons you suck”.

I was browsing broker deals and came across some crazy deals on '22 Audi etron GTs. Who would have thought a year ago we will see any such discounts?

To me it means we have exited peak insanity. I get it that this listing is not for used cars, but it is great to see dealers/brokers offering huge discounts on new cars again.

5 Likes

I’ve seen big discounts on the etron gt for a few months now. Including the rebate on this one, it’s actually lower than several I’ve seen so far. This specific car (along with some like the new SL) aren’t indicative of the market

At this rate you may as well put it on your credit card. All joke aside the 14 months 0% interest credit card checks may not be a bad idea especially if the fee is 3% or less.

2 Likes

The website isn’t accurate unless they’re the special rates honestly and it’s also regional. Im at 6.9% on Sequioa this month for tier 1 in PA with 90% LTV.

If a dealer is forcing 9.6% they’re making like 3-4k on the back end. Can always just refi it and they lose that $$$. Dealers that are selling Sequioa at msrp usually always force warranties or financing to make more on it I’ve noticed.

4 Likes

if you have “excellent” credit no reason why you shouldn’t be at a credit union getting the loan

3 Likes

Case in point - my regional CU. Auto Loan Interest Rates from: 4.69% APR - Star One Credit Union, California

I got both my cars refi’ed here at 2.39% and 2.49% for 84 months last year.

2 Likes
1 Like

Peak insanity was over when CNBC and alike started to report on the used car market.

Buy the rumor sell the news rings true again.

1 Like

I remember reading this last summer…the last line is the best…a quote from a Porsche owner:

"I don’t expect my car to depreciate much, ever.”

5 Likes

11 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

I drove an 80s 3.2 Carrera recently. I hate to say it, but I really didn’t see what all the fuss was about. Good steering feel. Ok road feel. Ok powertrain. Nostalgic handling. Decent exhaust note. 0 safety. I am a car guy to the bone, but I wasn’t that impressed. I had more fun in an Alfa GTV6.

3 Likes

Aircooled Koolaid at its finest.

Holy crap I knew it got bad but had no idea is was that wonky

How dare you speak this way!

P.S. I own an 87 3.2 with 56k miles. Love it. Zero safety sounds about right…no traction control, no abs, no airbags, no power steering…

3 Likes