Was This Finally “Peak Insanity” in Used Vehicle Prices? And all other crystal ball questions

My S60 was for sale at $33,998 for couple of weeks and now it’s listed at $34,201 lol
Sold it for $34,338 in August.

3 Likes

From tax perspective I’m guessing it’s better to take it now to offset some of the profitable sales. I’m curious how many of these they have in their inventory and then how many dealerships are in a similar position. I didn’t see a franchise name on their website so maybe they are independent. Maybe Autonation is more disciplined with their inventory management, otherwise may be an opportunity to short their stock.

This is one of the reasons I didnt want to buy my S60 (as much as I love the car) for 34k from Volvo. These cars are going to be worth MUCH less in a few months as everyone scrambles to sell the metal sitting on their lots.

2 Likes

any sales numbers out in that convenient tweet or table format?

doubt September was a great month

Been steady rolling for us with the aid of some well timed allocations and lender tax credits for our Texas lessees.

37 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

were BMW leases good in 2009-2011? feels pretty obvious now that the luxury market is feeling pain. Brokers on LH showing discounts from MSRP on Macan and Porsche now

wondering if credit tightens up for tier 2 / 3 + puts more power into tier 1 buyers

1 Like

Mid tier buyers are where the money’s at for the bank.

On that note, there’s some new incentives for leases that aren’t there on finance.

1 Like

What is BMW’s current apr on 60month finance?

Isn’t the Q5 just a CUV version of the A4? Probably same as the x4 and 3 series.

@IAC That’s I deleted it. Rod bearing ave.

Clearly doctored, the purported finance charge plus principal aren’t even close to matching the sum of the payments.

3 Likes

Anything for a click these days.

Lol couple K off a macan is absolutely nothing.

The demand is down sure but there aren’t enough cars actually being made to cause anyone to do any serious discounts on anything desirable.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

https://wolfstreet.com/2022/10/05/new-vehicle-sales-down-19-in-q3-v-q3-2019-due-to-shortages-i-estimate-the-piggybank-of-unmet-demand-for-the-next-recession/

Interesting take on a “piggy bank” of unmet new version demand. Have to figure this would drive more trade ins if people can finally trade up when new cars catch up.

“We can estimate how much unmet demand has been building up. If actual demand would be on average in the 4.2-million-vehicle range per quarter, while supply has been in the 3.4-million range over the past five quarters, then each quarter, 800,000 vehicles get added to the unmet demand pile, which by now is around 4 million vehicles in total.”

Numbers are better than last year.

1 Like

Am i reading this wrong or did they sell less cars in order of maginute of few hundred thousands in 2022 then 2021 when we have better supply so more cars should be produced vs 2021 when places where still closed.

Overheard on r/askcarsales from a toyota rep that their allocations were way down for this quarter. Ofcourse that’s just one store but it lines up with your observation

1 Like

https://twitter.com/JimmyPatronis/status/1578050503279316992?cxt=HHwWgMC42cykruYrAAAA

1 Like