Was This Finally “Peak Insanity” in Used Vehicle Prices? And all other crystal ball questions

But the question how is there higher rates and bank scrutiny will affect demand vs supply.

Because for some time demand outstripped supply. Doesn’t look like supply is increasing at any speed but demand is dropping.

So what would be the line of demand going down through equilibrium point with supply and going into the floor to fight inflation.

If that’s about 12 to wait - I’m down for that. I have about a year left on a lease and hoping for 6 month extension😂

1 Like

12 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

Slime(an)tander has been lending at 19-22% for years.

1 Like

Santander does auto loans?

That is the backing of CCAP.

they announced last week most cars where getting caught up on chips, Now will they do like Rolex and just hold stuff back keeping demand high.

1 Like

They’re the bank for ccap, lol. They were known for lending to anyone with a pulse (sometimes even without one :slight_smile: )

3 Likes

Let abuela get that loan, man. Her poor soul needs it.

2 Likes

12 posts were merged into an existing topic: Has anyone had any luck getting an Omega x Swatch Moonwatch at retail?

FYI, inflation is here. There will no longer be “cheap” leases .

2 Likes

Not sure what to make of this one. This Acura dealership in Stamford that had this grass side always packed with Jeeps (I’ve posted those picks before) but now it’s completely empty.

Sold off all Jeeps they had and aren’t restocking?
Why?

1 Like

Non-sinister possibility: city didn’t like easement encroachment?

4 Likes

It’s model year changeover… Probably waiting for the 23’s to show up.

1 Like

Couple months ago I offered one dealership in Cal to buy an X5 at 15% off MSRP. They didn’t respond then but emailed me yesterday out of nowhere asking if I am still looking to do a deal. I checked their website and they are showing 50 X5s in inventory. Not sure if some are in transit but I think we are just delaying the inevitable.

2 Likes

Stamford has more important things to worry about.

1 Like

I don’t know if they aren’t restocking or if they are shifting inventory around. The Acura dealer is part of a dealer group with the Subaru dealer & Kia dealer.

I plan on getting a number from them when my ‘23 Rubicon comes in.

1 Like

Definitely.

Another puzzle to think over.
Look at the mileage at these Ridgelines on the email from Tarrytown Honda in NY.
Last time I remember something similar was with demo BMWs a few years ago.
Why do this to new Ridgelines if there is a shortage of new cars? Just add ADMs (aka blessings) and wait for someone to pay for that.

We are still a ways away from that kind of discount on a new unit. Maybe on a loaner.