Warranty Hacker

I can tell you 100% that is not the case.

It might be specific for Honda dealerships because franchise laws in FL are wacky but there is an open market for extended warranties.

Perhaps we can merge these post over to the Electric Costs thread?

@ilpapa Are you referring to the Public Service Commission in FL which regulates utilities? And approves rate increases? That’s a stretch from saying the state sets the price, no?

It also should surprise no one that FPL spent millions on a clubhouse across the street from the Capitol in Tallahassee to “lobby” the lawmakers.

AFAIK the biggest difference with the other 49 is that it’s considered an insurance product, which for practical purposes just means the seller must be registered/licensed to sell said product in Florida.

Unless your home and auto insurance premiums are also fixed by the state, I really doubt extended warranties are.

Max is correct that its considered a different product and treated like insurance. I was under the impression that they had some kind of pricing controls baked into them like certain types of insurances have here. I was mistaken on that front. I don’t know if Honda does things differently with them as I cannot seem to get a straight answer on that one.

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

Anyone have leads on extended warranty for a Toyota Tundra and for a Cadillac Escalade?

why would you buy a warranty on one of the most reliable cars on planet earth

The Escalade is reliable?

1 Like