Warranty Hacker

What year was the 750?

If you’re going the German route and looking for a third party warranty, I would suggest Portfolio, Fidelity or Freedom. I went with a Freedom warranty on a 2013 C63 AMG I just purchased. Really reasonable cost as long as the miles are low on the vehicle at the time of purchase.

I can give you my guys details and you can have him run a quote for you, pm me for details.

5 Likes

What was your total cost if it’s not rude for me to ask, for both the car and warranty?

1 Like

Mine was a cosmetically and mechanically mint coupe example with 35k miles. Originally listed by my local MB dealer for $49k (idk what they were smoking). Ended up at $38k. Was my dream car back in the day, so plan to hold long term. With the new 4 cyl hybrid C63, these should hold values pretty well like the E90/92 M3’s. Plus that 6.2L NA V8 puts a smile on my face every time I drive it.

Warranty was $3450 for 72 months/100k miles.

9 Likes

You’ll get a loaner, on dealer avail - but parts is another question.

It’s the highline auto guy right?

1 Like

It’s a 16, first year of G11/G12 gen.
btw I was really amazed about how much stuff that Carmax 90 days warranty covered for me without any questions asked…

In 2009 I bought a 2004 SL600 that was a CPO. Extended the 1 year warranty to 3 years. Market was soft at that point so it was 42k out the door with the warranty. By the end of the 3rd year when the warranty was up the dealer said I had over 70k in repairs under warranty. Sold it at that point for 27k. I would love to duplicate a deal like that again.

Reviewing Max Care exclusions.

Looks like Seals and Gaskets and many things covered, hence why it’s the warranty to get for a car that might have ‘issues’

2017 document, maybe someone has a more updated one.

The following is not covered under your MaxCare Service Contract:
Please review your MaxCare Service Contract for a complete list of exclusions.
AFFORDABLE NOW AND LATER: You can purchase MaxCare upfront or include the cost
in your monthly car payment.
AVAILABLE ON ALL CARMAX USED CARS: MaxCare benets all customers, whether your
car is still under factory warranty or not.
CARMAX ACCESSORIES COVERAGE: Accessories purchased when you buy your car are
fully covered.
ÂŽ
The maintenance services and parts described under maintenance requirements as
shown in the manufacturer’s maintenance schedule for your vehicle. If you do not receive
an owner’s manual at the time of purchase, it is your responsibility to obtain a manual
and follow its guidelines. See your selling location to learn how to obtain an owner’s
manual for your vehicle.
Other normal Maintenance services and Parts including engine tune-up (includes spark
plugs, glow plugs, ignition wires, distributor cap and rotor), batteries, lters, lubricants or
uids, air conditioning refrigerant, engine coolant, all hoses and belts (except for the
following: engine timing belt and oil cooler hoses, transmission cooler hoses, power
steering pressure and return hoses, air conditioning high/low pressure hoses), wiper
blades, brake pads and shoes, brake rotors and drums, suspension alignment, tires, wheel
covers, wheel rims, wheels, wheel balancing, shock absorbers, exhaust system, catalytic
converter, friction clutch disc and pressure plate, and clutch throw out bearing.
Glass, glass framework, fastening adhesives, sealed beam head lamps, light bulbs,
lenses, trim, moldings, bright metal, upholstery, vinyl and convertible tops, paint, sheet
metal, bumpers, alignment of body parts, exible body parts, door panels, body panels,
structural framework, structural welds, chassis frame and removable hardtop
assemblies.
Repairs made solely to meet or maintain any governmental emission standards.
Aftermarket accessories or equipment installed after vehicle purchase date. These
include but are not limited to: anti-theft systems, radar detectors, CB radios, audio/visual
equipment, cruise control, sun roof, solar powered devices, telephones, lift kits,
TV/VCR/DVD and related components and appliances

+1 for Fidelity - used it on an SL65 AMG, CLS 63 AMG. Always covered everything including the hydrolics for the hardtop convertible and ABC Suspension (air suspension) - pretty much the 2 most expensive repairs on the cars (well top only on the SL bc its a vert), and MOST warranties won’t cover these 2 items.

2 Likes

Nice, the Carmax one excludes tops.

Fidelity covers 'vert tops? I’m suprised, those are expensiveeee

This was in 2012 on my 2007 SL65 AMG. It was getting stuck and they repaired it and covered it. Think the bill was $6800 or so.

A BMW 5 series E60 or?

The car by the way, V12 TT Renntech Stage 2 - 800 hp/850 tq

Car sounded like a fighter jet taking off

FB_IMG_1671207570288

3 Likes

They all exclude the actual convertible top. But many cover the system under it

The struggle is going to be finding a low mileage one. An example of a 2010 E60 M5 I found on autotrader for Fidelity Platinum. Price with < 9,999 miles (lowest tier):

Price with the actual 46,839 miles:

1 Like

Buy a manual so you don’t have to worry about the smg :sweat_smile:

@legendsauto has one I believe

Yup, mine is manual. It’s super rare though, took me almost a year to track one down.

2 Likes

They have a separate warranty too, that you can add to a non-CPO car. If I end up keeping the S60 longer (warranty up in May), I’m going to buy it. They also pro-rate refunds if you sell the car and don’t want to transfer the warranty with it.