Want to lease a VW Golf

I didn’t know you had to get that service, it is required? Definatatley something to consider then.m, I don’t wanna put $500 in maintence into a car I’m not gonna have in a couple months.

So you think June would be the best time to buy?

I’m glad to see prices are reasonable in other parts maybe they’ll wake up up here at some point. Do you work for a dealership or just passing along the information?

Just passing …

Many would say “keep on going …”

Only need 10k per year btw

You are supposed to do maintenance on time so if you don’t do 30k miles service they might not be happy about it. I am turning my car in sooner to avoid that and I don’t want to find out hard way - end of lease department was not able to answer my question about max allowed mileage above 30k with no service done not to get any penalty.

Best time to lease depends on your negotiation skills and time you want to spend on it. You can get great deals every day, but July gives you advantage of 4th of July sale, end of month and end of 2nd quarter - they want to meet their goals and might give you some extra savings they wouldn’t consider 2 week earlier or later.

Here is more, big dealer and have quite a few. Not listed on their site yet, though:

No one is going to punish you if you return your car without doing service at exactly 30K miles or couple of thousand miles over. Dealers don’t really care.But you will be driving with the service light on.

Thank for the info Ursula. Go Blues!

I’m gonna email a couple dealers and try to get the ball rolling maybe one of them will make me a decent offer.

This is what I thought, but when I called their end of lease department they couldn’t say what is the mileage I can go over without any charges. Do you have any experience with this or is it just a guess? They said that when vehicle is inspected and any controls are on it might be a problem.

Yes, I turned my financed car in with about 5K over scheduled 30K service. I did change oil though, but not at the dealer. They can’t tell you how much you can go over and there are no charges for missing service. What if you are on a cross country trip when you hit 30K? The car will not die if you don’t do service on time, but financing company wants you to keep the car in working condition and follow service schedule. Some use regular gas in leased cars when premium or recommended is required and nothing happens :slight_smile:

Lol Ursula and the Blues …

Totally agree. Did you have by any chance VW? I think VW finance and dealers live in their own world. Lady from the end lease department clearly pointed service lights or messages as a red flag for inspection but couldn’t explain if service required was one of them. The only way around it I can think of if you have less than 3 months to go is scheduling inspection prior to hitting 30k miles as inspections are good for 90 days.

whatever :wink: [20 chars]

I did have a CC that required 4 visits to fix failed transmission within first 3-4 months, so wasn’t too concerned with what they may say if I missed service. I traded it in with 6 month left and under mileage anyway.

Well, I have passat with recall on airbag so I won’t worry about the service in this case. Thanks for sharing that info.

I have been after a Golf manual for a couple of months. I online shopped Northern California and the Sacramento area. There simply aren’t many available. My local dealer had gotten ahold of one auto Golf lately, that was it. No other Golfs, let alone a manual. I ended up buying (forgive me for not leasing) a base model GTI. I am thrilled with the car and the deal I got. Things worked out well.

Something I learned, through all of my research, is that new 2015 diesels are indeed about to come back on the market. I was quoted 8500 off of MSRP for a diesel Golf lease.

My area has more manuals then automatics. I need an automatic. Only talked to one dealer about a diesel and he claimed that they would be sold at full MSRP. I literally burst out laughing until I realized he was serious. I hope other dealers are a little more realistic. I’d consider a good lease deal on a diesel. Was the GTI a lot more then the Golf?

I’ve called VW financial once again and this time I was told that a couple hundred miles over scheduled service is not a big deal, just like Ursus mentioned. Also, this time guy on the phone said that oil change is fine and it doesn’t even have to be done in the dealership. In dealership they told me about almost $500 service and that all maintenance has to be done at dealership so it’s hard to say who is right…

No, it’s not :slight_smile: Dealer wants you to service your car there because it brings lots of money to the dealership. You can service your car anywhere.

I know I am overthinking it but it’s my first lease return and I don’t want to have any surprises on the invoice. First time I called the end of lease department I was told that all maintenance has to be done by vw service, the other time I called they said it doesn’t, hence the confusion. I’ll just take it to the local mechanic and not worry about it.