Want to lease a 2019 Volvo S90, but all dealerships near me have 0 inventory

Sorry for noob question, it’s my first time leasing a car…

I want to lease a 2019 Volvo S90, but the dealerships around me have 0 inventory on the 2019 model, they only have 2018’s. I checked the inventory on the Volvo’s website and it appears that the dealerships who have 2019 models are all 150+ miles away from me, and those dealerships don’t have plenty of stock either…

In this case, should I start the negotiation for the lease now with my nearby dealerships and have them transfer the 2019 S90 to here, or is it better to wait a month or two until the inventory starts to build up? Or should I even custom order the 2019 S90 to lease? I feel like I will loose a lot of negotiation power if I do it this way…

Why do you want 2019? There will be very few of them after '17-18 fiasco.

Because I don’t want to lease a car that has been sitting on the lot for months.

Because…? You would rather pay couple of hundreds a month more?

2 Likes

@Ursus FYI supposedly the Sensus on the '19 is substantially improved in responsiveness,etc.

1 Like

Yep, that’s what I expected to hear as one of the reasons. But still - when there is $7,200 cash on 2018?

2 Likes

Money aren’t important for everyone:)

2 Likes

The reason is really personal preference… I’m sorry if it seems shallow. But I’d really like to seek some advice on what would be best to do at this point of time. I have no experience in leasing cars and didn’t see a similar thread (if there’s one could you please provide a link?).

I think it will be harder to get a good deal on 2019 going forward. There will be lower inventory and lower incentives, IMO.

@runstrawberry - what state are you in? I’m pretty sure there’s some unallocated S90s sitting at the ports, maybe quite a few. There are some decent incentives on the 2018s and probably no incentives on the 2019s, although both years have the $3K A-Plan money. The leases don’t look much different for either year.

A dealer should be able to check what’s at the port and it should be free for the taking, so they have no reason to not discount it nicely, although not as nicely as a car they’ve had on their lot for 6-12 months.

I wouldn’t worry about a car that’s been on a dealer’s lot for a few months- that’s typical. It’ll be under warranty for the entire term of the lease and you’ll save good money on a 2018- probably $100-200/mo.

1 Like

@KD6-3.7 Thank you for your advice. I’m in NJ and all NJ dealerships don’t have 2019 S90 according to Volvo’s website, which I think is very weird. I don’t know if it’s because 2018 S90s don’t sell well, therefore they are holding 2019 S90s at the ports? I can’t seem to find many articles (only saw one article saying that 2019 S90 are coming soon) and discussions talking about this. I hope there’s A-Plan next year too around March!

Care to explain how a lease with $7,200 incentives and definitely higher discount would be the same as the lease with 0 incentives and lower discount? :grin:

I was talking about the lease RVs and MFs. Out west the lease incentives are $3,500 on T5s and $5,250 on T6s, and zero on the 2019s, so that’s why I said a 2018 should be $100-200 less.

You should read posts more carefully before you pop off with your confrontational comments.

1 Like

@runstrawberry - unallocated 2019s sitting at the port won’t show on a dealer locator or on the Volvo website. A dealer can have their market manager do a search and almost certainly give them a 2019 S90 if they want it. Some dealers have already taken some, even though there’s not much reason to.

1 Like

Maybe you should clarify what you are talking about so no one has to guess what you really mean? :smirk:
And it still stands - lease cannot be the same with the same MF/RV in this case.

You’re the only one that seems to need it explained to him like he’s a sixth grader. I guessed at $100-200/mo difference based on what I see out here. If you can’t figure it out, it’s your problem.

Read my post above where I said he’d be paying $200/mo more :joy:

@KD6-3.7 Would it be better if I ask the dealer to locate me a car I like and provide me that car’s VIN number, then start the negotiation? I’m thinking to start the negotiation without having an actual VIN number, but I’m not sure if it’s recommended to do at all. Thank you.

@Ursus - I can’t be responsible for your constant misunderstandings. You know better, yet you always choose to make an unnecessary argument. It’s tiresome, and honestly I think I’m ready to quit this forum. You make it extremely unpleasant to be here.

1 Like

That would be a great loss for those seeking Volvo advice

Thanks for your continued contributions