Want me to resign lease documents to less favorable terms

I was also suspicious. It covers all food for human consumption. I read the entirety of the warranty. There are discussions about it on the forums, the protection in itself is not the real value, but the warranty.

I realize nobody likes the price I paid for the protection plan. That was not the point really, but it was just to indicate the amount of money I had into the deal.

I tried to convince my wife we didnā€™t need the Glasscoat, but she insisted and I would have heard it from her something inside got stained and I was unable to get it out. It was worth it to me to not have to risk that. Also, she makes 90% of the money and was paying for the car so it is hard for me to refuse a request about the cost of something.

I agree the cost is not a big deal in terms of the mileage overage. I really just try really hard to get the lease right, and look at all the documents. I would not classify myself as a hard negotiator, and I do that on purpose. I just really do not like it. From what I understand I left money on the table.

I do not understand why some of you are mad at my question though. I just donā€™t feel like at this point I need to concede anything additional when I have a signed contract and thought I was done.

And that signed contract itself has clauses in it that need you to concedeā€¦

What exactly was the point of asking if you didnā€™t want advice?

3 Likes

But, unless you fairly certain you are going to go over mileage, what exactly are you ā€œconceding?ā€ The most important part of the lease is total cost you pay over the duration of the lease. If you donā€™t go over the mileage limit, then you pay nothing extra.

What $ did you leave on the table? Itā€™s not like you can negotiate a better lease deal b/c the X7 has a different rate for mileage overages than do other BMWs.

1 Like

I left money on the table in that I knew that I was not getting the best price, but a price that was good for both me and the dealer with very little back and forth.

I am not saying I want to renegotiate the lease ā€“ not at all. I just want to get the lease I already signed.

Suffice to say you have your reasons to buy whatever plan you want and Iā€™m not here to convince you otherwise.

But looking at the mileage charge as ā€œconcedingā€ something to the dealer seems misguided. Itā€™s already been pointed out that the dealer does not benefit from what the lessor charges you at lease end, and that your contract is almost guaranteed to have language stating that the terms must be accepted by the lessor for the deal to go through.

Itā€™s your choice to die on this ā€œprincipleā€ hill and let the unwinding happen if you want it to. Is that what you want?

The thing that you signed doesnā€™t exist. Contract is only valid when both parties agree to it, in this case itā€™s you and the bank. The bank hasnā€™t agreed to it so you donā€™t have a contract. Either sign a new one or give the car back

Give the car back and sign a better lease deal. Sounds to be there is some underlying lingering regret about leaving money on the table.

2 Likes

Well if you wanna be cheap you can always tell them I was planning to go 5000 miles over which will be $250 difference under new fee. They will happily do it considering the amount of money left on the table. I mean you can even say 10,000 miles. They will still sign.

1 Like

Thanks. This is informative. That said, it would require me to get into the hardball negotiations that I really do not enjoy.

I think I am just going to make sure all other numbers are the same and sign the documents.

Man you got it goodā€¦ wish a woman I had leased me a BMW X7 and paid for itā€¦

Keep shush, resign the contract and enjoy that oversized beast .

3 Likes

On my wifeā€™s passport, they did the same thing. Called us in because the over mileage cost was incorrect. I went in and signed right away because it was the correct number based on what it was supposed to be from the advertised program numbers.

You donā€™t know the half of it. The car she had me lease before this was a 911 Carrera 4 GTS with a manual transmission. She insisted on that car being a manual as she did not like the paddle shifters in the car we had before that one.

1 Like

Well these are not 1st world problems, these are celestial problems. The wife made me get a manual Carrera, OY

What the heck then are you doing on LH? This is a place where we nitpick to the last $0.01 and sometimes $0.001. Itā€™s all about the chase, the kill, the unicorn. If haggling is not your way, run. No, get in your Carrera or Ferrari or whatever the heck she ā€˜makesā€™ you buy next and drive to the stars, man!

By the way, can I come over & play sometime? Itā€™ll be funā€¦

1 Like

I wonder if she would have done better negotiating on her own.

5 Likes

Most definitely. But she would have not liked that either, and she does not really have the time for it.

She thanked me for all the work on the C4 lease and I laughed out loud. Anybody can go through that process, but to make the money to buy that car is the hard part. Thanking me seemed misplaced as she was the one doing the much more difficult part.

Iā€™ve decided this is a troll thread.

6 Likes

Through leasehakr I have learned a lot and did much better than I have in the past, but I do honestly feel out of my league when looking at the forums here.

A broker is worth their weight in gold. Only because I have no idea how much a bitcoin weighs.

1 Like