WaitingForJeep.com - your one-stop order tracker

Hey y’all, I built a new application over the weekend - WaitingForJeep.com. With the new '23 Model Year 4XE builds on the way, I figured I’d avoid the headache of checking the Jeep website and the other tracker site obsessively. Instead, let the beautiful world of automation handle all of that for me.

This is just the first iteration of the web app. Here’s what you can currently do:

• Enter your Vehicle Order Number (VON) & Last Name on the site to track:
    – your current status along with the build codes
    – window sticker
    – build sheet
    – option codes

• Using the link generated above, you can now directly open it to view your order status anytime. It follows the format: https://waitingforjeep.com/orderstatus/?orderNumber=8DigitOrderNumber&lastName=YourLastName

In the backend, I have built all that is needed to:

• track the order status at a regular interval (currently set at 1hr)
  • trigger off events as order status changes, including VIN assignment

Here’s what else I have planned for it:

• Create some email templates for the email alerts
  • Set up an outgoing email alert system
  • Set up an account portal for users to add orders they want to track
  • For Brokers - have the ability to track bulk orders & notify their customers and themselves of changes to the status of the orders.

Here’s a screenshot of what my order looks like on this site:

I would love to hear some feedback on it and I hope you all enjoy it!

52 Likes

You are the :goat:

4 Likes

Awesome!!!

1 Like

Welcome to Leasehackr. Where folks not only hack lease deals but even hack the manufacturer.

Excellent work :clap:

7 Likes

Site is beautiful, can’t imagine what an understatement “over the weekend” is :joy:

Thanks @ilike2breakthngs for such an awesome tool!

Also, small suggestion. I put my VON for my TRX order and it was able to populate… it was not able to for my Hellcat as it requires 8 “digits” and the Hellcat VON has letters so if you are able to remove that digit requirement then I think this tool would become universally compatible with all CDJR orders.

2 Likes

This is awesome.

I noticed my GC 4xe order is showing as a 23. Is this an assumption or something you’re pulling from the jeep site? I was under the assumption it would be a 22. Happy to Pm you the von if it helps. Again great work :clap:

1 Like

Well done sir, well done.

Conan Obrian Applause GIF

1 Like

I’m impressed by anybody that does something besides a Google search on a computer! Wow! Well done! Thank-you!

2 Likes

Incredible work as always man! I also gotta plug TJs other app, https://noorbydesign.com/scanthatcar/ which is basically Free Carfax and is amazing.

3 Likes

Appreciate you ! Always looking out for the LH fam.

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for always being so supportive of these projects! I don’t want to spam y’all with individual thank you’s - please take the post love as an alternative :wink:

lol, it really was. Started working on it Friday evening :smiley:

made some changes to change the type to string & remove those validations. Text input keyboard view on mobile should populate the regular keyboard now too. I did leave in the 8-character limitation though - let me know if you need that changed and if it works for your Hellcat, @GOAT !

@harrydogyo - The vehicle data is pulled directly from the main source. You probably have a 2023 being built. Check what your VIN decodes to @ NHTSA - Welcome to VIN Decoding :: provided by vPIC (enter only your vin in this form)

@Kellstar - I appreciate the call out for ScanThatCar! I am running into some issues pulling those history reports, so if it doesn’t populate right away, trying again later could potentially work. But License Plate & VIN Decoding will always work :smiley:

6 Likes

Thanks! So I entered my VIN and it said 2022 on that site FWIW.

Great tool, look forward to when alerts are up.

1 Like

Mine shows a 2023 being built but when I go to the vin checker site it says it is a 2022…

Worked on 23 392 wrangler order. Error for hellcat. Regardless great work.

Same HC error

I think this data is pulled from the original jeep site so check on that as well

Great job! Digging fancy UI and those snackbar validation messages. Which framework are you using for the UI, React? Blazor?

I think this belongs in Tech lounge, with other apps, rather than in Offramp.

1 Like

Can someone DM me the VON and last name if they are comfortable sharing it and I’ll see what’s going with them Hellcats?

Update - got it from someone. I should be able to make it work.

1 Like

I appreciate it! The WaitingForTesla post got moved to here, so I figured I’d just start here.

Built on Gatsby (React) paired with MUI / Material UI. The entire backend is powered with Firebase & Google Cloud — nosql database, serverless functions, messaging queues & authentication (coming soon).

4 Likes

Order Numbers with Alphanumeric characters, like Hellcats, can now be searched. I forgot to remove an extra validation on the API. (cc: @GOAT, @Nypharm )

As for some orders coming back as 2023 vs 2022 (on your VIN), that’s just Jeep sending it back as such. No clue as to why. The 10th character on your VIN denotes the model year (N = 2022, P = 2023).

4 Likes