VW Tiguan S FWD question

I emailed VW dealers around Socal. This is the best quote, but it doesn’t make sense to me.

Monthly payment $291.10, taxes and fees in payment
36 months
12,000 miles
MSRP $26,285
Manufacturer incentives from Edmunds $2,450
Residual from Edmunds 51%
Money factor from Edmunds .00001

The salesmen said the selling price is $22,288. I think this must include the incentives, so it looks like the dealer discount is only $1,547. The salesmen said the dealer discount is $2,658, but it doesn’t add up.

You ask for a breakout of all these things. You also can’t assume the dealer is using base MF either.

Most will recommend doing your HW finding what you believe the deal should be and then going to dealer.

A couple of things: there’s a few brokers and dealers on the forum that trade in VWs, go over to marketplace and see how their deals compare.

Next, VWs tend to have better deals on 39-mo structure. Enough so that it net net covers the added year of registration (and you can always extend the lease or see about a pull ahead when the time comes).

Lastly, have you tried plugging this all into the LH calculator? That would help you (And us if you share the link) to see where the discrepancy is coming from.

1 Like

I spent two minutes inputting what you shared on the Leasehackr Calculator:

I got the same result; $291 per month.

There’s a dealer on the Marketplace offering a selling price $1,000 lower on the same Tiguan, but they mark up the MF by .00040 for about $600 more profit. Maybe go with that dealer, or try asking your current dealer if they’ll lower the selling price by a few hundred bucks. Everyone sets their pricing differently, but it doesn’t hurt to ask.

Regardless, it looks like you’re very close to the lowest market price for that vehicle in your market.

2 Likes

Thank you. I didn’t know I could do the spreadsheet without the dealer discount and factory incentives. Now I know I can just put in the selling price. I also didn’t know the acquisition fee, dealer fees, and government fees. Maybe those auto populate in the spreadsheet?

I’m unhappy with the salesmen as they told me it is $0 drive off, and from the spreadsheet it appears the fees and taxes weren’t put into the payment. I emailed them again asking if it is $0 drive off. I don’t think they know what they’re saying, between the wrong dealer discount and the wrong drive off.

Why not hit up @rubbergash? At least view his May thread and if he’s beat your deal, you’ve little much more to do

Yes I did. Thank you.

I have that deal beat right on the spreadsheet. Just come and get one.

1 Like

What is the payment, including taxes and fees, $0 drive off, for 36 months and 12,000 miles? Your spreadsheet says $233 for 39 months with $697 drive off plus $8 approximately plus another $8 approximately plus tax. Sorry I am not able to be able to figure out what the monthly payment would be.

I did send you 2 text messages too. I understand that you are busy and didn’t want to bother you with more text messages when I didn’t get a quote. However, it is not transparent to say you have the deal beat, especially when I asked multiple times.

I was off today…

giphy

2 Likes

My first text was Wednesday night. You asked which Tiguan Thursday morning. My second text Tiguan S was Friday night. I figured you’re busy and would get back to me when it’s convenient. I’m not in a rush so it’s fine.

OK @pacificas

Here you go:

2020 Tiguan S with and MSRP of $26285

True $0 out of pocket. (No Drive Offs, Nothing, Nada)
36/12K
$255 Per Month Plus Tax

You are making this way more difficult then needed.

Just come and get one.

Call me or text me to set up an appointment.

Seth
442-273-6566

1 Like

Thank you.